netgear me 102

stevensan36

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have a me 102 netgear access point i am trying to bring this into a wireles s network i have a 4 port router my modem goes into router my main pc is connected through cable i have a dreambox with ethernet port which i can connect to my network through cable no probs what i am trying to do is use the access point to connect my dreambox to my wireless network what i need to know is do i set the access point ip ect to the same settings as router or do i give it the same ip as my main pc....what setting do i put access point on ethernet bridge ,, access point i have access to the interface but not sure what settings to put it on really giving me haedacke so any help would be great............... some advice i have already tried is putting the access point on same settings as wireless router ip ,security on or off gateway e.c.t. e.c.t. do not no where to go from here heeelllllpppp please....

M8 this is my setup

Main PC 192.168.0.2 (Wired)

Modem connected to my router

Router conected to main pc 192.168.0.1 (wired)

Dream box 192.168.0.6

Access point conected to dreambox 192.168.0.6 (wireless)

It sounds like you need to give your access point the same ip as your dreambox, this will connect to your router as your dreambox :)

Hope that helps

firstly i was aware of posting in networking section thanks but thought a second posting in dream section would give me more chance of reply secondly thanks for reply i will try this set up and see what happens hopefully this will do the job will post and let you know the result

Back