netgear ADSL DG834GT - can i use it with braodband

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i need to install wireless router but i only have a router that i got a few years ago. no i went to connect it up and it does not have an ethernet port for then main feed that goes in. it only has what looks like a telephone jack port an 4 other lan ethernet ports

my question is this, i have vermin broadband, is it possible somehow to connect the modem to this router or do i have to buy a new router

thanx

i think ive just found my answer which is no but if thats any different could you please let me know

wrt54g is the best router for cable m8

or a debranded netgear wgr614

i don't think u can use the dg834gt as it has the option of modem or modem / router and it is designed to run off adsl connections thus offering the option of a network from the router

Hi guys,

i need to install wireless router but i only have a router that i got a few years ago. no i went to connect it up and it does not have an ethernet port for then main feed that goes in. it only has what looks like a telephone jack port an 4 other lan ethernet ports

my question is this, i have vermin broadband, is it possible somehow to connect the modem to this router or do i have to buy a new router

thanx

DSL and ADSL routers are totally different mate.

ADSL routers requires a Phone where as DSL doesnt require a phone line and the modem is connected via the WAN link on the router.

So as far as the DG834GT can not be used with your Vermin broadband as its an ADSL router.

:banana:

Back