Netflix Sharing

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My subscription is going up by £2 next month and I'm torn between cancelling or sharing it. I have the premium UHD 4 devices sub but have only ever used the one. The only real thing that bothers me about sharing is if I would receive lots of recommendations based on the other sharers viewing habits.

Is it possible to share but still retain some sort of privacy? I haven't really looked into the mechanics of doing it yet but imagine it involves setting up various profiles. Would be good to hear the thoughts of someone who's already sharing, host or client.

I think it's profile based so you should only get recommendations from your own viewing data
I thought that too mate but if a sharer logs in with my details then surely all profiles would be visible and accessible. I think I'll have to try it out on someone and see if it's for me.

I have a sub and 4 others are set up with accounts and profiles, they log on with their profile and I then don’t get to see recommendations based on what they watch.
They can yes easily click on my profile which then is unlocked so get categories than I see and one is a ten year old so does get adult content though I can pin protect it if I needed if he was not using his child account.

Have to say it does work well.

I have a sub and 4 others are set up with accounts and profiles, they log on with their profile and I then don’t get to see recommendations based on what they watch.
They can yes easily click on my profile which then is unlocked so get categories than I see and one is a ten year old so does get adult content though I can pin protect it if I needed if he was not using his child account.

Have to say it does work well.
Thanks @overthefence . Just been reading up and seen that profiles can be given a pin number. I'm going to set up a dummy profile in the bedroom and do a little testing :)

Tried it and no option to set up a pin number. :(

Last edited:
I think you can sign up in some other country and get it much cheaper. Anyone else heard about doing this? You still get it in the same language and all same films etc.

I think you can sign up in some other country and get it much cheaper. Anyone else heard about doing this? You still get it in the same language and all same films etc.
Yes, it's been mentioned here before mate. Turkey was the cheapest but my VPN doesn't do Turkey. To avoid fees for exchange rates you also have to use something like Revolut.

Back