Netflix and Youtube turn off HD content.

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Say goodbye to HD content on the above for a while, as they have been asked to stop the service.
More info HERE.

My IP*V provider measures ping response and load balancing similar to netflix.
I know amazon prime dont.

At worst rate may drop to 360p if crap connection. But yet to see anything below standard of 720p. Pushing to 4K on selected channels and VOD in 2160p.
(horsepower needed)

Seems lockdown is affecting this to, and the so called big guns. Just like xbox live servers went down on sunday due to hammering.
HD is not off...... give it few days to load balance exchange points where servers are.
It just a surge. Like 3pm on saturdays with Marty McFlys service.
🙂

I can't say as I'm bothered in the slightest I've always gone for lower bandwidth streams/dl's, my eye's can hardly tell the difference between 2160,1080 or 720p, the same when it comes to audio.

Whilst VPN networks was the loot box a couple of years ago, bandwidth fees are now.
If any thing p2p does more damage.
Really would be surprised if it lasts more than few days as modern day crap has not experienced this shit.
Those on local C/S have no issues.

DID I JUST SAY C/S IN “2020”!!!
😂

With a lot of people at home watching internet stuff, and working from home (I will be doing both, simultaneously :)). I think the infrastructure will be getting stress tested soon.

With a lot of people at home watching internet stuff, and working from home (I will be doing both, simultaneously :)). I think the infrastructure will be getting stress tested soon.
100% mate.

Im unsure where netflix/amazon breed there servers and points of exchange??
But main one i know is:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I doubt very much they use them as i would suspected they “should have” there networks and exchange points???
Your a bit more ahead with that than i am mate.
But maybe im reading into more than it is.... why not host it on AWS?

EDIT:
host netflix content.

100% mate.

Im unsure where netflix/amazon breed there servers and points of exchange??
But main one i know is:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I doubt very much they use them as i would suspected they “should have” there networks and exchange points???
Your a bit more ahead with that than i am mate.
But maybe im reading into more than it is.... why not host it on AWS?

I think it's going to be the parts of the network closer to the consumer that will be getting a bit warm. Just my guess, I hope it all stays functional :).

Temporary measures to downgrade bitrate is a good move though.

I think it's going to be the parts of the network closer to the consumer that will be getting a bit warm. Just my guess, I hope it all stays functional :).

Temporary measures to downgrade bitrate is a good move though.
Yeah mate.
Thats what i thought.
Server location and response, like netflix they detect ping and throw back quality and downgrade format so bandwidth copes on end tap.
But surprised if “all” netflix could NOT offer HD?
Thats why i mentioned what i did and AWS as exchange points is not old fashion thinking of pipes under the ocean.
But not doubting thread title..... if netflix/youtube can not offer HD online is scarer than coroanavirus itself in these times.
To me it just seems there “not” using AWS or they focused to long on there “OWN” networks.

Certainly thread to watch....
🙂

It should have Europe in the title to be fair, it is mentioned in the link.
Yes thread is world has to stream TV in lower format mate.
(maybe europe)
Im not asking the question if streaming service will be affected by the masses? Its netflix, youtube.... i do NOT doubt that.
Whilst i have mentioned “xbox”.... owned by microsoft and CDN with others that host content. I question why AWS.... that is the multi-billion pound contract!!!!!
Microsoft lost.

See when EPL blocks happens, or matchroom events are blocked by LAW!!!!
Login to panel and ALL..... i say again..... ALL end users on panel have same IP address connecting with user/pass thats based outside UK.

I maybe going of the thread title.
😂
HD is not dead on netflix.
Just like a cure to corona is not coming tomorrow, they will balance it!
Its called traffic!!!

Easy fix to big companies.
Unless i hear someone stuck toilet-roll in that pipe that has “only” one internet signal.

Its a blip in the road.
We are not all going to die by the millions in the UK.
The internet is not slowing down.
🤦🏻‍♂️

Back