net id

brooky76

Inactive User
Reaction score
somebody told me instead of removing the battery to reset the frequency and net id that you can just short the battery by placing a piece of wire on both ends to create a loop.. tried this today with no avail has anyone else used this method with any success?

somebody told me instead of removing the battery to reset the frequency and net id that you can just short the battery by placing a piece of wire on both ends to create a loop.. tried this today with no avail has anyone else used this method with any success?

Yeah, i've never removed the battery, always done it by shorting the battery by placing a piece of wire across +ve and -ve terminals. never had a problem with it.

Take a piece of wire and place one end ant one end of battery and other end at other end of battery. Only needs to be done for 5-10 seconds, this shorts the battery.

you cant actually get at the battery so do you just place it on the attachments that hold the battery in place and how do you know when its done?

only i have tried this today and all i got when i booted up the box was no channels available.. so checked in the engineers menu and the net id had not changed

you cant actually get at the battery so do you just place it on the attachments that hold the battery in place and how do you know when its done?

Its the battery you want to connect with. I try and jam it in between these attatchments and battery end as much as I can. You only need to do this for around 10 seconds. To check that it has worked, if you boot into engineers menu the NETID should have reset to 09999.

thanx mate ill give it another go ..any type of wire old extension cable for example.. and i thought that when you boot the box back up the net id automatically set to you area

thanx mate ill give it another go ..any type of wire old extension cable for example.. and i thought that when you boot the box back up the net id automatically set to you area

Don't think the type of wire matters to much, as long as its bare at both ends to get a connection. I snapped off one of the wires of an old jtag and use this to do it.
The NETID will set itself during the reboot process.
To check that shorting the battery has worked, boot into the enginners menu without the cable feed in. If the NETID is 09999 then you have successfully reset box by shorting battery. Set the frequency for your area, store and then disconnect power lead. Connect cable feed and then boot up box again, this will set your NETID for you.

hopefully someone can shed some light on this...i have reset the net id on my box by shorting the battery and have got the correct frequency but when i boot it back up it doesnt set to the net id for my area all i get is no channels available?????

hopefully someone can shed some light on this...i have reset the net id on my box by shorting the battery and have got the correct frequency but when i boot it back up it doesnt set to the net id for my area all i get is no channels available?????

Are you NTL?

So what is the netid when you reset it? And when you restart box whats it at then?

09999 and still 09999 when i reboot i think it should change to 00008

09999 and still 09999 when i reboot i think it should change to 00008

Well the fact its gone to 09999 means it has been reset. If you go into eng menu and set the default frequency for your area then switch box off. Make sure box is going into main feed (i.e. no splitters) then switch box back on it should get the netid ok.

What box is it?

it doesnt for some reason i also get a message come up saying that network cable might be unplugged i cancel that then it goes blank screen and when i press channel up or down it says no channels available!! got me stumped....

Back