need your help peeps

i quit in febuary with the help of them tablets
took the tablets for few months an didnt even finish
the full course before i told my nurse didnt need the tablets anymore
i can be near ppl smoking and it dont bother me 1 bit now
good luck on quiting keep it up

@berley just keep going :)
the only other thing i would say (and i wish i had done it) if you can afford it then save the moey you spent on fags every day.

i'll try lol but for the past few years i had been buying in bulk when i had gone abroad so dont really notice any savings yet, i will next time i go abroad tho as i wont need to take extra money for ciggies
i quit in febuary with the help of them tablets
took the tablets for few months an didnt even finish
the full course before i told my nurse didnt need the tablets anymore
i can be near ppl smoking and it dont bother me 1 bit now
good luck on quiting keep it up

well done adele, hope i'll be able to say the same 6 months down the line

your craving is like a barking dog.!! and if you dont feed the craving the dog will die, Just bark back when it starts,(in your mind) And it will help clear your mind. And stop your mind from tricking you in to smoking again.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback) - A very good book that has a very high success rate with regards to helping people to quit. I (ahem) have heard that there may be a torrent to the audio book version of this doing the rounds.....Search and ye shall find ect ect

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback) - A very good book that has a very high success rate with regards to helping people to quit. I (ahem) have heard that there may be a torrent to the audio book version of this doing the rounds.....Search and ye shall find ect ect

It worked for me m8.

20 - 25 down to zero in the time it took to read it.

I've stopped for a few years now, best thing I did.
--
How you bearing up Berley?

im still doing ok thanks, but im not going to lie and say that its easy because im finding it quite difficult even with the aid of the tablets, the main thing tho is i haven't even took a draw from as i know that if i did id be back to over 40 a day in no time

love the barking back theory JC and i'll deffo give it a try but i'll bark back louder lol

@ diddy thanks for the info about the book

Any update berley?
Hope you are still off the fags and haven't become a drunk instead :banana:

ive tried many times (the patches are crap.the tabacco falls out all the time)ill get my coat lol.
the wife stopped 2 and a half years ago,and im
stopping when my duty free runs out,which should be about 2 months away from now.
going to the docs for tablets

Any update berley?
Hope you are still off the fags and haven't become a drunk instead :banana:

quick update : im still off the ciggies and haven't even had one draw from one as i know that would lead to one ciggie then one packet then hooked again

the cravings are still there, had a real bad one after an indian meal last night but it soon passed, when i think back to the 18th june when i first stop i must admit it does become slightly easier re the cravings

@ JTH im on tablets from the doc - they are called champix - your meant to stay on them for 12 weeks, i was fine the first 3 or 4 week but as time went on i had to cut them down as i had terrible mood swings with them, i was going from being on a real high, to a proper downer where i was a right bitch to everyone that dared speak to me, also from the very beginning i had weird dreams (not nightmares just real weird dreams where you remember absolutely every tiny detail) having said that i think the tablets really helped and if you end up taking them and having the same side effects as i did, just cut the dose down a bit

once again thanks for everyone thoughts and advice

Nice one, so glad for you. I'm coming up to 4 months and im totally nicotine free now, it feels good. I used the chewys and they were great, i was moody as hell but only for a couple of days. I was meant to come off the chewys after 3 months but i came off myself after 2 1/2 months. I dont even get any cravings anymore, i forgot i used to smoke now (apart from the weight i put on which is now coming back off). Keep it up thought, just think to ypurself there is no point in giving up quitting lol when you've come so far. Thats how i did it i just thought whats the point in screwing it all up just for one ciggie.

Thats great news berely congrats hun :Clap:
Keep up the good work your an inspiration to the rest of us wannabe non smoker's.

awww you no what you lot are so nice - thanks seedy :) thanks rob :)thank wiz :)

and hey wiz give it a try, you might surprise yourself i know i did

Back