Need Updated Ntl 200 Dump Please.

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone please pm me if they have an updated ntl ambit 200 dump, when i say "updated", i mean the the new firmware that has the ntl logo etc.

If i can get one iam going to try summit and then post my findings.

I should explain a little, maybe people have already tried this but i seen it in another forum and thought its worth a go as the guy says it works, flash firmware back to pre firmware, change mac to custom one, then re flash firmware back to the new firmware, supposidly it works, dunno if it does, i dont even know if its possible, but its supposed to be, i dunno.

cheers :Cheers:

p.s
i will pm back my email addy.

Last edited:
r u thinking its reversed(mac) at another location,because i did notice this with a 250 dump
to find out if this is true you will need to know the original mac that came with the dump

Last edited:
cashmere said:
r u thinking its reversed(mac) at another location,because i did notice this with a 250 dump
to find out if this is true you will need to know the original mac that came with the dump
no, iam only going by what ive read elsewhere (modshack), i really dunno if it will work, but seemingly if you have the updated firmware , you can downgrade it (which is easy), write your new cloned mac, then reflash with the updated firmware (with ntl logo), and the modem should stay on, i guess because it has the new firmware, i dunno...

What i was thinking though, is, once you reflash the updated firmware back on, will that not knock your modem back off again and reset the mac to original ??? maybe not, as i say, the jimbotheho guy appears to have it working but he wont accept any pm's :Chainsaw:

Anyway, can someone please pm me if they have an upated ntl 200 dump (the one with ntl logo), i will return pm with my addy for you to send me it, cheers :Cheers:

Last edited:
As I say, I am at a stage where I am going around in circles, I believe the 120's can not be moded unless you take the chip out! not in to that myself. I gave afew 120s and one 200. I have managed to use the update on the 200 and clone a friends mac but as I say I am up and down.
Question? does the file name have to be changed with the new mac i.e. ntlhmlou-mid.cm?
what relationship does the file name have to the mac? anyone

Could I also please have this update that is going around

Capdan

capdan said:
As I say, I am at a stage where I am going around in circles, I believe the 120's can not be moded unless you take the chip out! not in to that myself. I gave afew 120s and one 200. I have managed to use the update on the 200 and clone a friends mac but as I say I am up and down.
Question? does the file name have to be changed with the new mac i.e. ntlhmlou-mid.cm?
what relationship does the file name have to the mac? anyone

Could I also please have this update that is going around

Capdan

Yes file name has to be changed when doing a 200 with a 200 MAC.

Surely you dont need to put updated firmware on the modem.
If you don't put the non update command in then it will update it's self.

Someone said that if you dont't put the non-update command in it will revert back to the original mac?

I thought the ntl frmware just stopped you being able to write to the modem,so once it went down you were stuck.

If it does revert the modem back to the original mac then were if that in the firmware?

seeing as you can now add your own firmware would it not be possible to add the mac in a bin editor ??
I;ve had a go at them in the past but don't really understand them,

name750 said:
Surely you dont need to put updated firmware on the modem.
If you don't put the non update command in then it will update it's self.

Someone said that if you dont't put the non-update command in it will revert back to the original mac?

I thought the ntl frmware just stopped you being able to write to the modem,so once it went down you were stuck.

If it does revert the modem back to the original mac then were if that in the firmware?

seeing as you can now add your own firmware would it not be possible to add the mac in a bin editor ??
I;ve had a go at them in the past but don't really understand them,

There is two types of new firmware!

one has red writing at the bottom of the config page and the other has black!

The latest one puts the factory mac back onto the modem, they made a mistake at first, then sent out a new 1!

OHHH MAN ! i think ive killed my 200 !

i tried to flash the updated software(with ntl logo) back onto my 200 using the tut by jimbotheho called (Ambit 200 Firmware Downgrading via Ethernet) its available in downloads, the flash didnt seem to go quite right, it says summit about "the image doesnt have a header", but i just carried on, i didnt think i was doing any harm, but as you can see in the attachment, it crashed out :(, now i get nothing at all in hyperterminal, and no lights on the modem accept the power light, i cant reflash cause i need hyperterminal and its not working now.

have i killed the modem, any way back for it now ???

p.s
the flash image i used was about 2mb in size and was called "ntl200_3348_locked.bin", does that sound right ??

Last edited:
Any time soon one of them clever buggers have got to work out a jtag for an ambit.
Then we can have fun.
If you knew what you was doing i dont suppose it would be hard to work out.
Maybe even trial and error would work.
If there are five test points then how many combinations would that be before you detected the chip?
Or is there more to it than that?

lol, more to it than that mate, its like if you wire a house wrong you could burn it down, same with the chip you apply power to the wrong curcuit and its fecked.
you can't guess that much mate and once you have coms opened what sw are you going to use to do your bidding and do you understand what the code on the chip means and how to incorperate your altered dump correctly?
Clive.

thomson said:
OHHH MAN ! i think ive killed my 200 !

i tried to flash the updated software(with ntl logo) back onto my 200 using the tut by jimbotheho called (Ambit 200 Firmware Downgrading via Ethernet) its available in downloads, the flash didnt seem to go quite right, it says summit about "the image doesnt have a header", but i just carried on, i didnt think i was doing any harm, but as you can see in the attachment, it crashed out :(, now i get nothing at all in hyperterminal, and no lights on the modem accept the power light, i cant reflash cause i need hyperterminal and its not working now.

have i killed the modem, any way back for it now ???

p.s
the flash image i used was about 2mb in size and was called "ntl200_3348_locked.bin", does that sound right ??

You like breaking you modems m8 lol oj, have you tried flashing it with a preupdate dump? Or is it not taking any at all, that could of been a dodgy file you got.

i cant flash it cause when i power it up now i get nothing in hyperterminal and no lights on the modem accept the power light :( (unless someone knows another way to flash it), forget taking the tsop out though, lol.

it could have been a dodgy flash file, i dunno, i got it off a guy in digy world, he insists it was tried and tested, so i can only take his word for it.

AWW FFS MAN !!!! :mad:

i just got word from jimbo that the file i used was fecked !!! ffs man !!!!!!! iam feckin raging to say the least :Chainsaw:

heres what he said >>

OPPSS... Youv'e screwed it. The file you flashed is corrupt!!! If it says Image Dosn't Have a Header Dont press Y. Then when it asked for sector you pressed d which has now written over the bootloader.
Only fix is to remove TSOP and program.

If you want to update to locked firmware, from unlocked image type
cd docsis_ctl
dload

thats all. Make sure you havnt done any max_dload_tries ect mods

Jimbo

:Cheers:

Rite so if you do update the firmware correctly will this get the 200 workin??? Is there any tuts or any good links on info about this??

thomson said:
AWW FFS MAN !!!! :mad:

i just got word from jimbo that the file i used was fecked !!! ffs man !!!!!!! iam feckin raging to say the least :Chainsaw:

heres what he said >>

OPPSS... Youv'e screwed it. The file you flashed is corrupt!!! If it says Image Dosn't Have a Header Dont press Y. Then when it asked for sector you pressed d which has now written over the bootloader.
Only fix is to remove TSOP and program.

If you want to update to locked firmware, from unlocked image type
cd docsis_ctl
dload

thats all. Make sure you havnt done any max_dload_tries ect mods

Jimbo

:Cheers:

Unlucky m8, is that the flash with the tut? as i have had no problems so far with it.

Back