Phone Unlocking Need to unlock a Motorola L6

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have seen this question asked before but it hasn't really been answered. My brother has one of these and he wants to give it to a friend in India. We are going there in just over a fortnight and we plan to buy a couple of sim cards to use our phones over there before giving one away.
I have tried the sites where you can purchase a code to unlock it but the imei is not on their database.
I know there is nothing special about the L6 but the guy who runs the place where we are staying would really appreciate it. If anyone can give me any info it would be really appreciated.

Chookey

Just been searching the net again and found a postal service that will do it for 17 quid. While I was reading their ad it said to try a different network sim first to see if is locked. I only have orange and virgin here but they both work. Does this mean that the phone isn't locked and will work with any sim?

Chookey

Hello,

It will be much cheaper to get it done in India... Its quite difficult to unlock this phone and requires testpoint, so best to get it unlocked properly. The shops in India should be able to do it and for a lot cheaper than £17

If the phone accepts Virgin and Orange, then it is already unlocked and should accept other sim cards too

Thanks c9679, never thought about getting it done while we were there. Hopefully this phone doesn't need it doing anyway. I have some O2 sims somewhere so I am gonna try 1 in it to try and make sure it isn't locked.

Chookey

India as smashing as it is, is a fair postage both ways from Coventry.

I can assure you now that you phone is deffo unlocked. There is no need to send it anywhere.
If it is working on virgin and orange then there is no doubt to be had.

lol, he is going to India mate :) not posting it there... wouldnt ever tell someone to post a phone that far just to get it unlocked, lol :)

Back