need some help regarding RAC 200 sat nav

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys..just got a rac sat nav 200..its got route66 on it..its ok but i prefer to have tomtom on it..anyway theres a thread on here with all the stuff you need..ive downloaded all the files...formatted my card..followed the "readme" that i downloaded....just a few questions..

do i need some kind of navcore on my sd card ?...ive followed the instructions

"Copy the mobilenavigator folder and the United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_v830.2307 map folder to the root of a blank SD or SDHC card."

sureley you mean the contents of the mobilenavigator folder onto the root of the sd card "...along with the map folder??

ive done that but when rebooting the RAC200 unit...i click on the "navigation" tab and nothing happens...what am idoing wrong...lol?...

cheers

bump...anyone...

ive abandoned the idea of tomtom..heard it wasnt very good, im trying to get IGO8 onto my RAC200.....but not getting anywhere..copied IGO8 onto my SD card along with Destnator V8.0....renamed the IGO8.EXE to R66Navigate7.exe...but nothing is happeneing when i click on the "navigation" icon on my rac200 screen...?

To get TomTom working you need to follow the instructions provided with the title...

"Installation Guide For v830.2307 United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland Map (May 2009)"

... to the letter, then it works! Also rename the exe to R66Navigate7.exe. haven't tried iGO8 so have no idea.

To get TomTom working you need to follow the instructions provided with the title...

"Installation Guide For v830.2307 United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland Map (May 2009)"

... to the letter, then it works! Also rename the exe to R66Navigate7.exe. haven't tried iGO8 so have no idea.

thanks mate....got it working....had to rename the .exe like you said...it didnt mention that in the instructions...now i just need to add a few celeb voices...and the latest speedcams...then its ready for a road test...lol...any idea what the latest speed cams are..?

I managed to corrupt my origianl backup. anybody got a copy of the route66 that came with RAC200?

is there an image of the original rac route66 sd card anywhere out there.??/?

Back