need some help lads, metal washing line post

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all

Im doing my shed base in the garden, as in digging it out and our current cement stone line post is bang in the middle of the soon to be shed... and is nackered so will be coming out.

What i want to replace it with is a galvanised one, but cant find them on either B&Q or Homebase website ?

Anyone help,

Reason im looking at them two is they are local, i do have a travis perkins... jewsons etc local but not looked there yet.

cheers

Don't know if you can get hold of one but a scaffolding pole makes a great washing pole.

Just gotta find someone in the building trade that can "Aquire" a couple for you...lol

Don't know if you can get hold of one but a scaffolding pole makes a great washing pole.

Just gotta find someone in the building trade that can "Aquire" a couple for you...lol

I could mate but im spending upwards of £2k on a new shed so dont really want a scaffold pole in front of it lol .

cheers though bud, did think of that. the type im thinking of are the ones that are twice as thick as scaffie poles and have 4 little pegs on the top. :)

wot about a sky hook m8 .. there very good and dont take up any room

2261542224_d14a6faf70_o.jpg

i zip tie house bricks to mine so they dont got to high ..

wot about one of these and cut the spinnin things off

washing-line.jpg

the must to basic ones of these still ?

if you have a nice well built shed why not put a hook somewhere secure and then put a ring on the end of your washing line and then take to your other pole.

thats what i did, looks ok and if you need to take down or put out the way its dead easy to remove.

if you have a nice well built shed why not put a hook somewhere secure and then put a ring on the end of your washing line and then take to your other pole.

thats what i did, looks ok and if you need to take down or put out the way its dead easy to remove.

because wont have a line in the few months were building the shed lo

also dont think shed will be high enough tbh as fences are quite high next door

Hook one of these to your shed via the method above ^
I bought the misses one and its cracking you just pull the line out when you need it.

yea see them before, problem is need to go out and get one tomorrow... :( so cant really wait for delivery

cheers though

i know the poles you mean m8, {got mine from the small local hardware store}

galvanised base shaft gets concreted in the ground, {then the galanised washing pole with the 4 pegs on the top, "slots into it"}

never seen any for sale in the big diy stores m8,----------have you tried any of the smaller diy shops in your area ????????

Back