Need quick help changing box to T/W

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys back in Wolves and have got another pace 1000 phase 1b... Having problems with getting the TW software to load...

When I pull the red jumper I get the ntl software then when I set the net id using funcard method I get ex c&w then tune starts on lcd then it goes to the NTL software :S I dont know whats going wrong here I cant get it to load to TW... Did this a couples of weeks back and finally got it to work on another box but cant seem to do it on this one...

Any ideas? I am in wolves for only one day so need quick solution... I am using 131.000 for the freq and netid is 40973

Last edited:
Arrgh this is doing my head in, the netid and freq is set correctly but it just wont take the update... Anyone????

Just clutching at straws here mate but is the symbol frequency different between ntl and tw?.

Chookey

Hi bally i have had the same problem when doing my uncles box for some reason mine sticks in tune and wont update now i have also pulled the red jumper etc i think for some reson the 1000 are going dead....

Mr P

The the weird thing is I have checked the settings and freq against another pace 1000 phase 1b I did a few weeks back here but this box just wont take the update... It just comes up with ntl software no channels but can go into settings menu.

I should do eras i think and do the update thats what the last box did... I am only in wolves for another hour or so can anyone help?

The the weird thing is I have checked the settings and freq against another pace 1000 phase 1b I did a few weeks back here but this box just wont take the update... It just comes up with ntl software no channels but can go into settings menu.

I should do eras i think and do the update thats what the last box did... I am only in wolves for another hour or so can anyone help?

HiYa M8,

Sorry have no idea but did you check the Sym rate as chookey suggested?

Checked it and its right as far as I know... This is the 2nd box I havent been able to update... :(

Iv given up on this box and heading off home now, i dont get why it doesnt work... Waste of money again...

Iv given up on this box and heading off home now, i dont get why it doesnt work... Waste of money again...

Sorry M8 I really can't help never played with one of those + I don't think I will especially in TW land?
Are you giving that away now? I'll have it LoL

Seems like there a few having probs with 1000s 1bs? Just read this by Tina http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=113722

Once Again Sorry I couldn't Help

Good Luck

Its not your fault mate, its just doing my head in as I had travelled all the way to wolves to get it sorted and ended up bring the box back... Very annoying... I am really stuck with this one, did the exact same box few weeks back for my gran and that works fine.

Only ever done 1 tw box 1000b,it had ex-cw software on it,i set the netid etc and posted it to my mate in tw area.I told him to plug it in and let it do its thing.

Yep thats what I thought too but it aint working with this, I did one for my gran a few weeks and it worked exactly how it should but this one is just being an akward bas*ard

When jumper is reset it defaults to NTL, when I start the funcard method to change net id after reboot it comes up with c&w splash but in black and white then NTL in colour then I get nit then tune then box turns off and when you put in on it has NTL software.

hello mate if you get a chance take it to c&w area and do the virgin update then change the net id back to tw and that should work in tw land i think...just a thought....Stevo

Ahh good idea, the only thing is I dont know which areas are c&w and only know people in mainly east mids ntl and some in west mids tw.

Sorry M8 I really can't help never played with one of those + I don't think I will especially in TW land?
Are you giving that away now? I'll have it LoL

Seems like there a few having probs with 1000s 1bs? Just read this by Tina http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=113722

Once Again Sorry I couldn't Help

Good Luck
I've just read this post in the newbie section. http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=113676.
Something appears to have happened in TW area. Is it possible they are using some method that blocks an update unless talkback is connected?

Chookey

the only other thing you could possible do which i have done myself is put tw 1010T phase1B dumps on the atty's and try that,it worked for me...Stevo

I've just read this post in the newbie section. http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=113676.
Something appears to have happened in TW area. Is it possible they are using some method that blocks an update unless talkback is connected?

Chookey

Suppose I can try with an unmodded tuner iv got one faulty box downstairs but not sure if the talkback has been cut. If it hasnt I will swap the tuners around try update then swap them back, im guessing this will make it work with the sky movies 9 trick too.

Looks like I back to wolves next weekend.

Hey just a quick question are tuners made for each models or could i put a tuner from a pace 4001 into a 1000?

Back