Need Of Some Guidance Please

BAGGIES

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been reading thru posts over teh last few days but im still a little confused...

im in a Davic area pure N*l ....

I have a Pace d1000 with an original mosc card.

i believe its a cr3 .. in in the leicester northants area..

my box now just loops and freezes on the staring icon...

question is ... has the system settings changed is this why my box wont work ?

do i have to change anything on the eng menu ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Hi
I think the the 1000 box is a Docsis not a Davic box.This probably why does not work.

Bandi

OK my mistake then.....do you know why it does not work it was fine until about a week ago ??

It was probably to do with the rollout of vod mate, a few weeks back many people had the problem of docsis boxes going off in davic areas.
I guess you could try downgrading the software to see if it makes any difference (or perhaps upgrading to cr3.2). Ill see if i can find them old posts,to see if anyone managed to resolve this problem, im not sure that they did though.

edcase

Ah
Ok I guess you have checked that it has the correct net id and frequency? Just check again cos ususally this is what happens when its looking for the correct id or fequency

just to add i was going to ask if vod had come to you area but edcase beat me to it!

bandicote - how do i find out if i have the correct net id and frequency ??

edcase - how do downgrade or upgrade... is the problem with the card or box..

apologies for asking daft questions

I think a healthy look at searching the button would probably answer some questions!! But if you go into the engineers menu you will find what frequency and net id your box is set,press up and down arrows will booting to do this,if the netid is 0999 then it will have to be set to yours.

if the netid is 0999 then it will have to be set to yours. ? sorry bandicote but how would i know if the freq is right one for my box

BAGGIES said:
OK my mistake then.....do you know why it does not work it was fine until about a week ago ??

it might be because the cc dont want your paticular box working in your area anymore m8 {i did mention in a thread you posted in, "that whatevers affecting these boxs is comeing out the cable feed"

if you have access to an excw area {and your box works}--" you will know your area has put the blockers on"

this has been going on for a few months m8, "so its nothing new" {its just that it affected diffrent areas at diffrent times}----"perectly good 2000 models going into a loop then comeing back on for 6 to 8 hours, then going into a loop again---------{doesn't sound like a hardware fault to me m8}

try downgradeing to cr1 in an excw area {more than likely your box will work in your area again}

BAGGIES said:
if the netid is 0999 then it will have to be set to yours. ? sorry bandicote but how would i know if the freq is right one for my box

58 posts ??, its about time you done some searching and reading m8 {no 1 gets that confused}

Back