need modam help

fkekobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi
i need tutorial about how to make ntl modam or how to start
wher to buy and what to do after that .....
please only for educational purpose
any help. i am in cw aria
fkekobad

Try this web site for a MAX 233 Adaptor

w*w.JabsPlace.co.uk

There are 2 types of PCB's available. The pins (unit held with pins facing you & 9pin socket away) are as follows:

FOR PCB A0439782

PIN 1: CN2---RT
PIN 2: CT
PIN 3: TX
PIN 4: RX
PIN 5: POWER (-)
PIN 6: POWER (+)

And this Newbie NTL Tutorial

This should be a starting point

thankes lads i was also looking for help this documents makes it quite clear how to clone it but i stll have a little question i managed to scan about 52 macs but i dont know what area are they and what speed r they i did managed to spot the difference between xbox ip and ntl ip for example

cmreg-ntlhm120-midxbox.cm this one must be for xbox

cmreg-ntlhm120-light.cm this one says light dose it means it is slow (ie 1mb)
and
cmreg-ntlhm120-mid.cm (2mb)

cmreg-ntlhm120-high.cm (3mb)

am i right ??
and how do i know it is for what area ???

If you scanned them from where you want the modem to be then they are all in your area anf won't work for you.
You have to actually scan from a pc in a different area.
Everyone seems to rekon at least five miles away.
Thats the reason for the mac trade forum,although it's never worked for me.
Cheers.........................

hmmm now it all makes sense thankes i think insted of relaying on trading ill just ask my mate in london to run this softewere in his pc and get all the macs i need for my area or run vnc on his pc so i can see it my self that its running ok and get it there and then if you want some leicestershaire light or med let me know i got pleanty of them ill give it to you for free for advice
got about 5 med and 52 light (i know all tight c**ts in my area )

You need to get the macs from your city have a read of this.

viiiper said:
Posted in "macs for swap" thread aswell

This is for all you Clone Modem MAC TRADERS [only takes 5 mins to read]

CABLE MODEM & UBR GATEWAY :eek:

Cloned modems can only work in a different segment of the cable network from the original cable modem

All Cable modems login to the cable network with there unique MAC address. Think of your town/ city as segmented like an orange. We all live in a certain segment and no two MAC addresses are the same. A cloned modem comes online, as long as it is in a different segment of the network from the original, it will work this is because the network primarily checks the cable modems MAC address and does NOT ALLOW 2 identical MAC’s to be online [registered on the network] in the same segment.

So when you are all requesting MAC’s for trade you should actually be asking for MAC’s from a different Cable network segment. You may think this obvious but the network does not necessarily follow the physical layout of your town/ city.

The segments of the cable network [like the orange are separated], in the case of cable the separation is done by ROUTER GATEWAYS, known as UBR’s [Universal Broadband Router].

FINDING YOUR UBR; is easy

The link given goes to the Grc [Gibson Research Corporation] website [a bit like who is]

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 :D <<< CLICK HERE

When you initiate the page it will return your full UBR address

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.cable.ubrxx.shef.blueyonder.co.uk

xxx is replacing actual numbers [you won't see xxx on the result] :)

The information address follows the following format:-

YOUR INTERNET I.P / NETWORK TYPE / UBR SEGMENT / YOUR CITY ACRONYM / PROVIDER DOMAIN NAME

For example if it returned a ‘UBR05’ this means your in segment 05 of your town/city

So for MAC trading purposes you need to trade with anyone outside UBR05, for example UBR01. Areas/ cities are normally segmented into approx 10 segments depending on size

You should supply TOWN/ CITY ACRONYM & UBR SEGMENT

ie SHEF.UBR05

All the Best viiiper

comments welcome

M*dshack search engine key words:- ubr gateway , mac cloning , cable modem cloning.

Back