Need help

jonaud

Inactive User
Reaction score
i was given a technomate tm 500 super off a family member it has a cccam and the old server settings my question is should i do a factory setup to make the box go back to when it was bought or is there any other way just to remind you i am just a novice and i have a lot to learn , i would like to read step by step instructions how to set it up again if possible
thanks jonaud

i was given a technomate tm 500 super off a family member it has a cccam and the old server settings my question is should i do a factory setup to make the box go back to when it was bought or is there any other way just to remind you i am just a novice and i have a lot to learn , i would like to read step by step instructions how to set it up again if possible
thanks jonaud

hello
jonaud

is your server working? ( can you view pay channels )
if so i would't do a factory reset as you will lose your server settings and channel list.
if not then you could do a factory reset but rember to save a copy of your channel list frist, or just change your server settings ( ie your cline/newcamd/magiccam settings to open up your pay channels ) via filezila/dreambox control center, and you wont need to change your channel list but you'd be better to keep a copy of your channel list eather way as a backup
hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
slyboxhd thank you very much for the feed back just want to ask a quick question in your personal opinon what do you think of the dreambox i was thinking of buying one but not sure about what model

slybohd the answer if i am getting pay channels no the server is long gone just getting free channels jonaud

if the box is not password protected..i.e: if it didnt come from a trader originally..you should be able to get yourself a new share and transfer the config over to the box. If the box is password protected then you will probably have to factory reset first before you have access to add your new shares.

thank you very much for the reply gsmtech jonaud

can you help please i have no manual with the box TM TECHNOMATE 500 SUPER not sure which to press on the remote to find if it is password protected jonaud

slybohd the answer if i am getting pay channels no the server is long gone just getting free channels jonaud

hello
jonaud

imo the dreambox's aret that good unless you buy an origanal dreambox witch are very expensive compared to other cardsharing box's but thats only my opinun, it really depends on wot you want the box to do, if your looking for a box that has 7 day epg and is hd and you can record program's and want to view the box in an other room then i would go for a technomate tm5402hd, there a realy good box for wot i have desribed but dont expect to be able to use youtube or other plugins. cost about £135 to £150 p&p
if your not woried about epg or watching the box in an other room then i would go for a openbox/skybox s9 but make sure its not a clone, they are arond £75 delivered if cheaper then probly a clone.
when buying any satbox from the net always use paypal and before buying ask the seller if the box is a clone or not as if you get the box and find out that the box is a clone you can then get your money back though paypal as the item is not as desribed.
hope this helps and any time you need help let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slyboxhd I edited your post to remove the pay server advert, and removed the double post.
I would say the opposite, dreamboxes even clones are far superior to a tm5402. Check the user complaints in the TM section on poor quality updates and patches.
Dreamboxes and all enigma 2 Linux receivers in general, have an associated learning curve attached to them, as long as your prepared to put in the reading and learning, they are far better than closed source receivers.
The openbox is a cheap and basic hd receiver but the epg is poor. Take a look at , a dm800se for a good single tuner dreambox, it vu solo. Vu DUO is a decent twin tuner reciever

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Slyboxhd I edited your post to remove the pay server advert, and removed the double post.
I would say the opposite, dreamboxes even clones are far superior to a tm5402. Check the user complaints in the TM section on poor quality updates and patches.
Dreamboxes and all enigma 2 Linux receivers in general, have an associated learning curve attached to them, as long as your prepared to put in the reading and learning, they are far better than closed source receivers.
The openbox is a cheap and basic hd receiver but the epg is poor. Take a look at , a dm800se for a good single tuner dreambox, it vu solo. Vu DUO is a decent twin tuner reciever

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hello
gsmtech

im not a server owner and wasnt trying to advertise for the server i use, thats why i ask'd him to pm me and i would point him to a good one.
iv been using tm's for over 10 years and think there a great stb, i agree that the patch's have been shit the last few years but if hes looking a box for 28.2e then the new patch 124p is fine, the problem with the patch's as leat is with softcams and channels not opening on 19/13/thour etc but is fine with 28.2e(sky) as iv said dont expect the plugins to work.
as far as im aware you cant record with a dm800se without linking it to you computer ( with tm5402 you only have to put a usb stick in the back and done ) i had a dm800se and found it a big learning cure compared to the tm5402 as you only need to download the patch, put it onto a usb stick, put the usb stick into the box and done and do the same with cline/channel list ( and the channels on a tm5402 can be edited with the remote/no need for dreambox edit and all that comes from learning how to work it ) all in all you can have a tm5402 learned and setup in a day, compard to maybe a week with dreambox.
technomate tm5402 are much more stable than a clone dreambox imo
hope this helps

Lol you can record on a dm800se using either a USB stick or a hard drive,you can also edit bouquets using the remote,

You can set one up in about 10 mins once you have done it once before :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

If you do a 'quick factory reset' it will remove any user defined preferences such a clines and channel lists but it will keep your image installed such a the UR image for example. I never did a full factory reset on mine but I suspect that if you do you will restore it back to the original state and you will have to reinstall an image such as ur which is not the easiest to do as it has no USB port. Quick factory rest will also remove any password protection so do a quick factory reset, update channel list and add server details and your good to go.

Pie

Lol you can record on a dm800se using either a USB stick or a hard drive,you can also edit bouquets using the remote,

You can set one up in about 10 mins once you have done it once before :)

do dm800se have usb port? the one i got off you though a difrent site did't have one?
as i said it was a long time since iv worked with the dm800se, is there a new image out that lets you do that?
yes when you have taken about 1 week to learn how to work the box you can do it in about 15mins depending on your internet connection but also after spending 12 years at medical school you can prefoum brain suergary.

do dm800se have usb port? the one i got off you though a difrent site did't have one?
as i said it was a long time since iv worked with the dm800se, is there a new image out that lets you do that?
yes when you have taken about 1 week to learn how to work the box you can do it in about 15mins depending on your internet connection but also after spending 12 years at medical school you can prefoum brain suergary.

First off you never got one of me,ever :mad:

The dm800se has always had USB ports,the latest one has 3,

I'm of a mind that if you don't have some knowledge of ftp,telnet etc then you would be better off with a closed source receiver,

But it would not take a week to learn and your internet connection wouldn't have any bearing on it,providing you have already got your necessary software first

First off you never got one of me,ever :mad:

The dm800se has always had USB ports,the latest one has 3,

I'm of a mind that if you don't have some knowledge of ftp,telnet etc then you would be better off with a closed source receiver,

But it would not take a week to learn and your internet connection wouldn't have any bearing on it,providing you have already got your necessary software first

maybe im wrong, i thought you where wizz from wizardcams that sell's lines on cardsharing kings?

sent from my laptop

maybe im wrong, i thought you where wizz from wizardcams that sell's lines on cardsharing kings?

sent from my laptop

There's no maybe about it

At least try get your facts right before you post it on an open forum ffs

There's no maybe about it

At least try get your facts right before you post it on an open forum ffs

so your not wizz from ierland that run's a pay server?
just trying to get my fact's right

sent from my laptop

so your not wizz from ierland that run's a pay server?
just trying to get my fact's right

sent from my laptop

What part of my last post did you not understand???

Back