need help

daveleebond

Inactive User
Reaction score
the police just threatened to break down my door.

all because i have a webcam pointed at my car.

they said it was watching girls, funny thing is that the camera was not even connected, never has been just a detarent. (does not work with vista and also had 1 car robbed and 1 with a door bent back to get whats inside)

I feel realy humiliated.

the cops basically tried to call me a peado. can i complain to the PCC?

People in the street dont know its not connected,could you not hide it a bit more discreetly.

I suppose that would defeat the object of people seeing it and it being a deterrent.

Just let the police in, explain why you have it there, they will have to prove you are being a perv and seeing as it is not connect will not be able to do so

I have one watching my car and also the shed the bike is in, we used to have a nutty neighbour so it was a big help in those days.

They tried the whole ooooh he is watching us and sent the police round to get it removed, must say though the police where fine, just looked at the footage of where it was filming and said yeah thats fine, in fact they also said if I wanted to catch the nutty neighbour better then maybe the wind might blow the camera to a slightly different angle ;)

Oh and I made it common knowledge the camera ran 24/7, stopped a lot of trouble starting and anyone who was around when we had the neighbours from hell will know the story :)

Why did they want to break down your door, did you refuse them entry ?

check out local solicitors and see if any give first appointment free and ask advice. or local citizens advice. if it's illegal to use a camera then police break the law every day. I also have an old webcam pointing out my window nobody has ever complained, does not work either, not the point tho I think you should be able to protect your property any way you want and it's not as if it is a 10mega pixel with 10x zoom or a video camera with zoom. it probaly isn't even as good as security camera you get with cheapest alarm systems.

i have one on my car.

just make sure you have a sign saying that cctv footage is being recorded/monitored as they may class it as invasion of privacy.

invasion of privacy???

just take a walk round your local town.thats an invasion of privacy

its to stop theives.........bollox

people will nick anything these days on camera or not

whats really screwed me up is the point they sent a police van and a uc unit.

did they apologise no.

listen i have nothing against the cops, worked for them for about 1 and a half years in IT, but they treated me like crap.

Just let them in and show them the footage. if they say you have to take it down, go to your local police station and complain about every CCTV in town invading your privacy.

Also make ure you have a clear sign saying CCTV in use.

Just let them in and show them the footage. if they say you have to take it down, go to your local police station and complain about every CCTV in town invading your privacy.

Also make ure you have a clear sign saying CCTV in use.

please read previous comments, was not connected since no vista drivers

so long as the camera isnt pointing at someone elses private property then there is nothing the police can say or do about it.
it's perfectly legal to film anyone or thing so long as its in a public place. what you choose to do with the footage is a different matter though.

tell them to sod off

did't think it was against the law myself if youve got a valid reason-----------got a motorised camera pointing at the nieghbours front door come driveway, and another motorised camera pointing at the back of thier house--- {belive me ive got my reasons}

council bloke come round to tell me the back camera will have to come down because the pole was set in the ground {but its ok to attach to the tree next to it} apart from needing planning permisson for the pole in the ground, ive had no problems with the police {invasion of privacy}

Last edited:
Back