need help with new HDD

madnlooney

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have put in a new 160Gb hard drive, when i put in the evox cd it boots fine to the dashboard but when i click install new hard drive it comes up error action 10 continue yes or no. ive clicked yes but it flashs with ok quick after that like its not formated the drive. does anyone have any ideas?

here is the evox ini. just wanting to make sure its edited correctly

[Menu]

Section "Install Menu"
{
Item "Install New drive",@210
Item "MS Dashboard",ID_MS_Dash
Item "Reboot",ID_Quick_Reboot
Item "Power Off",ID_Power_Off
}

[Action_10]
Info "Install HDD - Xbox-Scene"
Warning "This will format all drives"
Warning "Make sure you have a backup of C & E"
Progress "Formatting drives"

ConfigSector "\backup\disk.bin"
Format c:
Format e:
Format f:
Format g:
Format x:
Format y:
Format z:

not sure where else i could post this for help
Thank you for any help
Dan

I used Slayers Auto Install disc. It formats the drive, installs Evo-X, partitions the drive and installs your apps etc.

It doesn't take long to format a new drive though, so chances are it has been formatted.

i tried slayer, but each time it just went into the bios like it wasnt reading the cd

i think it might be the hdd as ive used the cd on my original hdd and it worked fine. does anyone know if it could be because the hdd was formated first using a pc?

ill try that tut out in the morning as it proberly the only one i havnt tried. thanks for that. will repost in morning to say how it goes

that tut was prob the only one i didnt read and it worked atreat. hdd is now installed and working fine. cheers for that mate

I remember the days when I purchased my new xbox for over £300, reading tutorial on how to add hard drive, had my pc switched on unlocking the drives while hot swapping the ide cables from pc to xbox lol

CD version is much easier :proud:

capdan said:
I remember the days when I purchased my new xbox for over £300, reading tutorial on how to add hard drive, had my pc switched on unlocking the drives while hot swapping the ide cables from pc to xbox lol

CD version is much easier :proud:

lol u mustve had ur hands full! my first hard install i almost ended up throwing the hard drive out the window

haha i was close to throwing it too. nothing seemed to work, even the install cds i made, which worked fine on the original one. but puting the hdd in pc worked great.

Back