need help with boxkey

darrell

Inactive User
Reaction score
can any one tell me what the box key is in the pic as all the lights are lit on the sim but sum are lighter than others plz help thanks
ird1ii4.jpg

Hi,

Where those Leds coloured once and some have lost there colour?
I get this FCFFFFFE but hey you never know

Press the simm gently forwards and see if the lights change, might not have a good contact just

well this is the result that i get from the lights that are lit:

3CC33B7F which is either the first part or second part of the bk....i wouldn't advise u though to post ur box on the forum for others to see......

this is how u read it.....if the lights are kinda like half lit, then more than likely it's not inserted properly or poor contacts, or if it's the soldering type, the soldering isn't done properly, however, u will get a bit of light on them as kinda like getting reflected from the one next to it...(back light) but this should only be minor......then.......anything that isn't lit write down as '0' anything that is lit write down as '1' do the bk1 reading first then add the bk2 to the end of it...which will give u 8 sets of bytes...1 block = 1 byte then once converted it will give u a 16 digit number/letters....u can either use a flash tester or calculater to convert it.....this is how i got the number i posted......

the half lit numbers i counted as '0' 00111100 3C
11000011 C3
00111011 3B
01111111 7F

take it out and blow hard down the slot and wiped the contacts on the simm card, and do like the other guy's said, push it slighty forward or back and see if it alters,...ur better of checking it against the ird to see if it's correct

Cant you try and get the ird off the led sim and see if its reading correct as you have the ird on the inside of the scart.Least you can compare and work out which lights are needed.

Hi

As tina has mentioned I dont think the pic should be posted as your bk could be read by others.

Regards

well this is the result that i get from the lights that are lit:

3CC33B7F which is either the first part or second part of the bk....i wouldn't advise u though to post ur box on the forum for others to see......

this is how u read it.....if the lights are kinda like half lit, then more than likely it's not inserted properly or poor contacts, or if it's the soldering type, the soldering isn't done properly, however, u will get a bit of light on them as kinda like getting reflected from the one next to it...(back light) but this should only be minor......then.......anything that isn't lit write down as '0' anything that is lit write down as '1' do the bk1 reading first then add the bk2 to the end of it...which will give u 8 sets of bytes...1 block = 1 byte then once converted it will give u a 16 digit number/letters....u can either use a flash tester or calculater to convert it.....this is how i got the number i posted......

the half lit numbers i counted as '0' 00111100 3C
11000011 C3
00111011 3B
01111111 7F

take it out and blow hard down the slot and wiped the contacts on the simm card, and do like the other guy's said, push it slighty forward or back and see if it alters,...ur better of checking it against the ird to see if it's correct

hi there thanks for your reply i have used the led a few times now on a fewboxes never had this problem b4 only on this box dont know why i have mad a fun card as in the usual way but this box just wont have it as u say this only part of the bk so i thought it would be ok to post as i dint put it all up but i had the same code as you still carnt get it to kick in as so to speak

i wouldnt post boxkey m8, but try removing simm and cleaning the sim bank and make sure simm is seated properly and try again

hi there thanks for your reply i have used the led a few times now on a fewboxes never had this problem b4 only on this box dont know why i have mad a fun card as in the usual way but this box just wont have it as u say this only part of the bk so i thought it would be ok to post as i dint put it all up but i had the same code as you still carnt get it to kick in as so to speak

check the database, just in case u might be lucky.....the other problem u have when trying to do a fun is this......a lot of peeps have trouble with funcards, even though they have done one for up stairs and downstairs the very same way, but the downstairs won't work....lol anyway, cos ur not double sure of bk, ur in a bit of a dilemor.....is it the bk thats wrong or the funcard in correct, if u get my meaning...double check ur using the up todate keys, latest flash and just about everything else there is to check...oh and another thing, make sure ur using '0' and not 'o' etc....double check ur input of ird/bk, it's easly done..lol

tbh my head herts with this box now i carnt see how you got that bk lol but im gonna give it a go well you never know fingers crossed

okies. give me a sec and i'll upload a tut in the tutorial section....this tut is for the led simm but not plug and play but the principal is the same, there a tut in there for the p&p but looks confusing so just follow this tut but skip the soldering bit, just follow how to read the simm and convert it.

ok i've put it in the tutorial section

Last edited:
okies. give me a sec and i'll upload a tut in the tutorial section....this tut is for the led simm but not plug and play but the principal is the same, there a tut in there for the p&p but looks confusing so just follow this tut but skip the soldering bit, just follow how to read the simm and convert it.

ok i've put it in the tutorial section
ok will have a gander cheers m8

sorry for double post how do i edit the first post so i can get rid of the pic???

sorry for double post how do i edit the first post so i can get rid of the pic???

ckick edit on that post, then wait until it comes up again then click edit again and then u should be able to edit it..lol

hi i dont have edit button on the post only on the last post i made

hi i dont have edit button on the post only on the last post i made

HiYa,

These days we only get 60mins to edit a post, then you have to contact Admin/Mod to get it edited?

hi thanks for that i have tryed ever way but cant get the correct bk from this box its a pace 4001 so should be easy as but i dont know what to do next exept take a big hammer to it lol

hi thanks for that i have tryed ever way but cant get the correct bk from this box its a pace 4001 so should be easy as but i dont know what to do next exept take a big hammer to it lol

well in which case use a mallet, it won't cause as much damage...lol

Hi

As tina has mentioned I dont think the pic should be posted as your bk could be read by others.

Regards

yeah but obviously the sim isnt giving the right readings anyway plus that would only give the results to half the box key.

Back