Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all

I need to scan a document and then edit it

What software would allow me to do this? I've never done this before

can I do this in word? Or paint or wot?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

How do you mean to edit it, change the text to somthing else, either way it will be difficult as you'll have to you photoshop ot swcan it as text but then it wont look identical with the changes

I need to scan it then delete some of the text on the page then print off the edited version

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

If you are talking about just deleting text and not replacing it with something else i would just photocopy it and then tippex out the relevant text on the photocopy and copy it again.

It has to look professional as possible so Photoshop is worth a look then

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

In your case i would use something like Nitro PDF ...

You import your scan to the editor and then when you come to edit it you have full control over the text and pics inside.

You can pretty much import most files to it and then edit them to suit your needs. I use it all the time, once you get the hang of it you will find it a lot easier than photoshop.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Not my upload, but am sure it is the one i updated to last week.

@manx

Just checked ... it is the 1 i used and is clean. @manx

Last edited:
how the feck do i use it mate?

lol

its a phone bill and i wanna scan it and replace a certain number with another but trying to get the same font and size etc is hard enough but i cant even get it to appear in teh right spaceing

basically wha ti want it to do is convert the scanned page into a word document that looks as if its just been typed up on the pc

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol ...

top left click on the folder option .... navigate to your scan ... open

once it is imported ... click on insert and edit (at the top 2nd from left)

now click on the big blue T (insert)

now click on the text you want to edit and a red box should appear around it ...

delete the bits you want , type in what you want to replace it (it should auto use the same font and size that was already there.

click the floppy disk icon (top left) to save.

And that should be job done.

@manx

Back