Need help pleaseeeeeeeeee :)

iliveinuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok hi,

Thanks for taking the time to read, Hi have been installing the wasabi on the last 15 wii's for friends etc, but I have just done one that aint playing ball. The red light stays on instead of going off and the green coming on. I went to the website and onto the troubleshooting, it states this:

Troubleshooting
Q: The LED stays red, what's the problem ?
A: It's likely an installation problem. Verify that your wires are correctly installed, and that you selected the right drive version on the chip. Remember that power wires (3V3 and GND) must be shorter than 1 inch (2.5cm) to minimize noise.

Q: I've already checked the installation, shortened the power wires or changed the wires if needed, but the LED still stays red, what's the problem ?
A: We are aware of an incompatibility problem with a small percentage of drives. The LED stays red even if the install is good, and using another chip doesn't solve the problem. The current work-around to solve the problem is to connect a 47uF capacitor between GND and K point.

I put a 47uf cap on it, and the light did indeed go from red to green, I thought great, but it was very hit miss, I also read somewhere to lengthen the clk wire, I did and it stayed red, so i made that as short as poss, this is on a DC2 by the way and again it went green, I put the disk in, it span up and played. I then powered off the console and back on, the light stayed red, its as if it just is not getting enough power to run properly, sometimes the light goes green but it struggles like hell to read the disk, you can here the laser dropping out quite a bit, then it might play one again, if the machine has been switched off and on in different ways. Grrrrrm, i also read from somewhere to try different values of cap, but what direction and to what extent, i dont want to damage this, i am thinking of trying a pro chip with clip and see what happens, i know theres some consoles around that cant be done yet but not sure they were over here yet, if they are, is this what happens?

Anyone with any help wud be truly appreciated, I have checked, double checked the wiring, even tried a different wasabi as thats all i have in at the mo, still the same, it deff needed that cap on to get the light to go green.

Regards

Dave.

Last edited:
what serial number has it got?

could be a new D2C2 wii - mods for this should be out very soon.

what serial number has it got?

could be a new D2C2 wii - mods for this should be out very soon.

Hi mate the serial number starts with this, I will PM you the full number

LEH 1496

It's not one of the unmoddable ones with that serial

Ok thanks m8, to be honest, when I put it back with out the chip it had problems loading an original game, it struggled about once every four or five attempts, you can hear the laser dropping, maybe it was a bit knacked already, or maybe its because of the amount of times its been messed with, I aint passed it back yet or spoke to him, hopefully he will say it does struggle from time to time :(

Cheers

If the laser struggles with originals then you could try doing the laser tweak?

Back