Build advice Need Help Building PC

Joebailey58

Inactive User
Reaction score
I want a pc what can run most games at 1080p and can hold a solid 60fps but my budget is about £1000 I dont know anything about pc because I currently have a ps4 I want a pc what can outclass a ps4 please help.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

27a21d4f01c08cbd7eea971b8144ae4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Isn't It cheaper and better to buy parts separately?

For something you are looking for not really. You'll need a case, monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. I've just upgraded my PC (GPU, CPU, mobo, ram, psu) and paid nearly £1000. It depends how demanding you are - you can always go for cheaper version of cpu (amd for example instead of intel). For graphics card go for 980ti, it'll definitely last you few years. I've posted the screenshot above as it's a really good price for such a piece of pc (plus 3 monitors). You can always build it on your own, but obviously being limited to £1000

What parts should I buy? And from where?

I'm at work now, will guide you once I'm back home

Ok mate, it's been a long day for me today. So what exactly are you looking for? If you look for top class high-end pc, with ultra wide 4k monitor and top class gpu - you'll need a bit more than £1000 to be completely honest with you. Just want to let yoi know that pc components and peripherals are quite expensive nowadays, especially if you want to go for high end class. I can however guide you to get a decent pc within your budged range (i.e. similar to one I'm using now, which I'm upgrading. Btw - It's still great piece of kit and will last long)

For under £1000 would It be better then ps4 hardware?

You can definitely still get rig for under £1000 and will be better than ps4. I've been ps fan for years and had every console since first psx came out. Didn't get ps4 as I spend more time at the pc now (work related stuff and such). I'll just breakdown what I'm using now which is - as mentioned earlier - still great piece of kit. I've been still running all the new games on high settings. Not ultra though. But if you're not hardcore gamer expecting 1800fps, 600 Hz refresh rate etc (exaggerating now) you'll be fine with it.

Ok I dont need the best of the best I just wanted one better then my console, So what do I need for a decent set up?

Ok, some of the components are outdated/not available from online shops, bit you can still get them from places like eBay or Gumtree.
Motherboard: Asus m4a77t
Cpu: AMD Phenom II x4 3.3ghz
Ram: 8gb ddr3 (to be honest any 8gb memory ram will do the job, as long as you don't run the server or make a lot video editing/rendering)
Graphics card (GPU): MSI geforce gtx 770 twin frozr
Power supply (PSU): Corsair cx600
Monitor: Samsung s24b300 (24" with good 1920x1080 resolution, looks nice and sharp)
Hard drive is up to you - you can get SSD or just regular high speef SATA. Personally I have SSD for the system and few other hard drives (games, storage etc)
Rest is up to you, but you need to bear in mind that cooling/airflow is also important. I'd recommend Noctua as for your CPU cooler but with amd you should be fine with zalman.
Any questions just ask.

Obviously that's the setup that will do the job and do it good, but let me know if you are willing to spend a bit more - it's always a good idea to invest few more quid, but have your pc last a bit longer

No problem, happy to help. Just do a bit of search, if you'd like to go for Intel cpu (a bit more expensive, but definitely better performance) let me know. You can still get a decent pc with Intel (saving on i.e. second hand monitor - which would be good idea, getting cheaper case and getting second hand mouse and keyboard).

Just don't follow guides from YouTube for getting perfect mouse and stunning keyboard for your gaming. Most of these are exaggerated - talking about response time etc etc. For beginning pc gamer you'll be fine with just normal non-mechanical keyboard (alternatively you can get gaming keypad which I use - belkin n52te) and a for example Logitech m705 mouse.

Once I get the parts is it easy to construct?

It is, since all the parts just fit into their designated places ☺ it's like Lego but with more fun and better outcome ☺ but once you get all the parts it'd be wise to just search on YouTube for things like "how to assamble a pc" or stuff like that. Like I said - once you decided what to get, post it here before buying to make sure all the components will be compatible. Have fun ☺

37d6c912557e6edd1eb2a8ecafd2ecdf.jpg
This is about £160 is that out my price range?

Many companies just try to increase their prices by adding all those extra features and specs in the descriptions (like above - gaming monitor, 1ms response time, 1080p etc etc) - bollocks. Seriously mate. Ive been using my Samsung s24b300 (60hz refresh rate) for around 3 years now. Games look great, never had flickering or other stuff like that and paid only around £110 for a new one as mentioned around 3 years ago. You don't really need monitor advertised as "GAMING" monitor. Anything above 60hz is barely noticeable by human eye. Just don't get caught by all the marketing tricks. Get yourself a 24" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution and you'll be fine. Again - I recommend Samsung as I've used them for years and tjey are really good pc moniors.

Back