need an app please

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Anyone recommend an easy to use android app that will scan my home network.
Give me a list of devices on the network and which devices that are currently downloading data from the net.
preferably with the power to block those devices from downloaded or accessing the net till I want them too?

Do you have an enigma 2 box as that can scan your network also pc should be able to see your devices.
Are auto updates in use like epg in use daily etc.
Do you have open ports on your router and open

Or your using it on phone etc.

Hello cactikid. dont have any boxes. I can see my devices through router ip in browser. I just want an app so I can monitor devices on my home network via my android phone and check which devices are downloading from Internet. one was sons xbox which was downloading updates and Ive switched that off. but im sure something else is downloading in the background. thought there might be an app which would show what was downloading in real time. Thanks

Anyone recommend an easy to use android app that will scan my home network.
Give me a list of devices on the network and which devices that are currently downloading data from the net.
preferably with the power to block those devices from downloaded or accessing the net till I want them too?

There isnt an app that will be able to block other devices from downloading from the internet nor be able to tell you if they can access the internet. For that you will need a firewall.

Fing is an android app can scan your network

who is the internet provider . vodaphone has an app for there router that will tell you if a new device connects and let you control access from your phone but its limited maybe some aftermarket routers that can help

I'm on BT and if your login in to your account it shows you what devices are connected

Why does Fing need all of this to be allowed?? :oops:

This app has access to:
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20
Photos/Media/Files
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20
Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
  • approximate location (network-based)
xbP_oGuJ21iG29iVh0p-UIZPzi_fYj8PMYiqDd9-LvaZ_a1tRcwp0I2-arfXvgX9YtfZTTaqwcLRWPNQM_c=s20
Camera
  • take pictures and videos
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20
Storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
c5fJsmDZCeHY1tZmeGXL12sHi8herULd72A_egjaAHylmgM-4gLiw4CuDJSzNnK5q8yxAAy4RyxtkdYzcg=s20
Contacts
  • read your contacts

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception
  • run at startup
  • control vibration
  • view network connections
  • full network access
  • prevent device from sleeping

I could ask the same about every app. I only ever give apps the permissions they need to work.

Read contacts and Location = hell no.

But this app does NOT need access to your camera/contacts/Photos/Media/Files etc does it?
:rolleyes:

But this app does NOT need access to your camera/contacts/Photos/Media/Files etc does it?
:rolleyes:
It depends on how it stores data. If you can import reports and save reports then it would need access to your files.

Does this mean that any app requiring access to things it shouldn't really need, is a dodgy modded version of the app?

Does this mean that any app requiring access to things it shouldn't really need, is a dodgy modded version of the app?

not really most apps just want access to stuff like camera, contacts etc.. as they have features that use them. I have apps on my phone that were gotten from play store asking for things like contact list permissions and can not understand why they would ever need that permission for example Google Pay, Prime video etc.. I would assume they want access to contacts if i want to share something but thats just a poor way to go around it. I feel the real reason is to just get your data.

IMO you should never give any app access to location and contacts. only app on my phone that has location access is maps and for contacts just signal/whatsapp. I would prefer not to share with whatsapp since its owed by F***book but dont know what number is whos if i dont.

If there are asking for permissions that means they doing things the correct way using the Android API. Dodgy modded version are probably using other ways to get around asking for permissions.

not really most apps just want access to stuff like camera, contacts etc.. as they have features that use them. I have apps on my phone that were gotten from play store asking for things like contact list permissions and can not understand why they would ever need that permission for example Google Pay, Prime video etc.. I would assume they want access to contacts if i want to share something but thats just a poor way to go around it. I feel the real reason is to just get your data.

IMO you should never give any app access to location and contacts. only app on my phone that has location access is maps and for contacts just signal/whatsapp. I would prefer not to share with whatsapp since its owed by F***book but dont know what number is whos if i dont.

If there are asking for permissions that means they doing things the correct way using the Android API. Dodgy modded version are probably using other ways to get around asking for permissions.
I'm sure I've had check list/ yo do apps wanting access to the microphone?? Lol
I usually just allow what they want without even looking (in my haste)
I shall have to do a complete app audit, disabling any access i don't see as necessary. :)

If your on Virgin media download the "Virgin media connect" app.
This will show you all devices connected to your home network and allow you pause / unpause the internet to that device at a push of a button.

Back