Need abit of help setting up a website.

tlogic

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of setting up my own website, basically I want to set up a website where you can buy pixels, the same concepts as the Alex tew (www.milliondollarhompage.com)what I like to know is what sort of tools do i need to build a website site like that, do I need a website builder and a FTP program to upload my website ?, also does anyone know where I can download a pixel script from for free, I have read some where you can download these scripts for free but when I search on google i only find scripts where you have to pay.

Also would this hosting site do for me: http://www.daily.co.uk/products/web-hosting/web-hosting-home.html

Please bare with me at this is my first attemp to build a site.

any guides or info wil be helpful.

cheers guys.

Hi, im in the process of building my own website also, bought my domain and email addresses etc.. and now in the same postion as yourself, so any help would be appreciated here also.....

It's very difficult to tell someone on a forum how to create a website.

Go to your local library, there are loads of books on the subject.

Or there are online tutorial pages.

Have a look at magazine websites such as ' web designer' and 'net magazine' I think they have archive articles.

There are websites that allow you to download free open source templates

Last edited:
I dont fully understand what you are trying to do, do you have a better example the site you listed just looks like a domain holding page with pay per click links...

There are free scripts available to do most things however the more advanced scripts have to be paid for, however even with the paid scripts to make your site better there is a lot of modding involved, you cant just install the same script everyone else has to make your website great it has to have something special :)

I started learning HTML years ago as I wanted to build a website, but then saw how easy it is to use Front Page. This made me a tad lazy as I didn't need to code it all by hand :)

I then moved on to Macromedia Dreamweaver, this put Front Page to shame.

To upload the site, I used WS_FTP LE A cracking piece of software & 100% free.

I would recommend getting a hold of Macromedia Dreamweaver to build the site.
Learn some HTML coding as well, you may not need it, but it will give you a better understanding of what it's all about.

There's a web site making program in downloads section (misc)
Practice on it.

If you are thinking of running your own server, check out 'WAMP'
Also check out 'Joomla' it is really easy to use and setup.

Gooogle em both.. :)

I dont fully understand what you are trying to do, do you have a better example the site you listed just looks like a domain holding page with pay per click links...

There are free scripts available to do most things however the more advanced scripts have to be paid for, however even with the paid scripts to make your site better there is a lot of modding involved, you cant just install the same script everyone else has to make your website great it has to have something special :)

He left the 'e' out. Should be www.milliondollarhomepage.com. The site became famous the world over. He sold each pixel for $1. He sold the whole page due to appearing on British and American TV. This English kid was still a student and made $500000 in less than 6 months. There followed many imitators but I think they all failed to hit the spot.

If you are thinking of running your own server, check out 'WAMP'
Also check out 'Joomla' it is really easy to use and setup.

Gooogle em both.. :)

Joomla is available by his hosting company

Last edited:
If Anyone Needs Help Seeting Up a Small Website I Sell Cpanel Hosting,Resellers And Master Resellers

I Can Also Design Layouts Customized To Your Specification.

Oh man.

Mate if you reply to this post I will talk you through learning HTML the easy way.

I am still learning myself, in fact I have not bothered web building for a few months now, but what I do know I learned this way.....hmm the easy way mate.

If you have a domain and some web space that lets you upload then I can help you via PM.

Or in fact if you want we will do it on this post so it will help others.

To be honest I am thick as fooook and have not bothered with HTML for ages and still learning myself but I do believe I have something to offer to beginners, especially my knack of teaching,

If your willing to learn then I am willing to help, with it all displayed in this post then anyone else can learn also or add to it if I am making a mess of things as I am limited to basic HTML and know for certain some of the regular guys on here are experienced coders.

And I dare bet I will learn a lot from far more experienced people on here who can point me in the right direction, so we all win in the end.

BIGGY007+ I sent you a pm are you going to reply or add me ? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats PHP script mate, its not just html in there, although you can just use html as its just tiny little banner ads, however anyone making money from this kind of thing is just purely due to mass mass marketting... Im sure its only made that much because its been hyped up so much on TV and everywere else, its difficult to get that kind of exposure and without the exposure, no one would pay to advertise with you.

Ive never seen the site before all the pixels were bought so I dont know if they had a java or flash drawing package on there to allow the purchaser to design their pixel advert??? but if you did want to do something like that, it doesnt have to be fancy at all you could just accept paypal payments and get the purchaser to send you a jpg or gif image and upload that to the site and display in standard html.

Back