Sensible Topic Need a RELIABLE 24/7 net access via mobile ???

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Looked at sections and could ot find an applicable one.....I have had an empty property for over 9 months now, paying council tax @£80 month, banned from driving, so need to do SOMETHING !!!!

I have spare Bitcoin miners hanging around and have worked out i can easily break even and make a slighgt profit by running them there...

My PROBLEM, no interenet.....I have just booked 12 months of Plusnet BUT they can not install until the 30th !!!!

Speed, download cap's, bandwidth etc DOES NOT MATTER !!!!!

Can i purchase a cheap phone/sim to cover a month or daily until Plusnet is installed ?

The miner's need a an ethernet port....

Any idea's, they do not use ANY Gb a year...I can monitor remotely from home.

Cheers

I suppose you could use a mifi router to get an Ethernet port.
But before you get a sim deal, make sure the provider network signal has got good coverage at the property.

I suppose you could use a mifi router to get an Ethernet port.
But before you get a sim deal, make sure the provider network signal has got good coverage at the property.
I have looked and can't see one with ethernet ports, was thinking one of them and Giff Gaff sim ??

Cheers

Dont understand why you are doing it from the empty property? why not from home?

I have Bitcoin miners to run there, i have the gas on atm and has been for MONTHS, i can tun one or two miners, warm the house/create airflow and probably make more than having living tenants !!!!

A friend on mine is about to do the same. He's calculated its about £150 a month on electricity per machine and reckons he will get 0.6 of a bitcoin after 1 year. Is that in line with your estimates?

I get £550 month, leccy is £160...It's NOT worth having the hassle of tenant's...I have seven D3 miner's, x2 L3+, one new S9, and older S7's not being used....

Been into it for YEARS mate, sold 320BTC in 2010 @ £180 !!!!

I hold over 20 different currency coins/ICO's , up over 5000% now.

What sim mifi has ethernet ports ? Plus a contract sim for one month, they don't use ANY bandwidth, speed does not matter nor Gb limits.

Last edited:
thats the one but to get the 6months free internetfor your £40 it has to be an old t-mobile sim card
Where would i get one of those ? Your talking to a guy who switches phones every 4/5 years...lol

well i just happen to have one here spare, I paid £30 for my mates of flea bay cause his had run out and couldnt get them anywhere.
the trusty little thing is sitting beside me here in a non smart phone cause if you topup im a smart phone as soon as you enter it it dedudcts 64p off you right away. so evey now i then i send a balance check and it comes back you have 0.25p in it, The dongle part is nuisance i have pne here but its set for a comp different dialer in it. But i have got and old 3 dongle which were the ones it all started with, if you are interested in i will try and rig up and old comp and do that tommorow i think i have all old stuff on pen in my drawer, im a hoarder lol

going to bed up at 5 let me know if you want me to do it

Back