Nearly there! just one problem....

Misery

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok techheads i have now got my sagem box working replacing the tuner and all is fine apart from one thing... The LCD

NO light but i can see the display is working sportster loading screen then the channels list etc..

Right i replaced the fuse behind the ribbon connector on the board but nothing
it Just makes the display turn off.

Is there anywhere on the board that could supply the lcd with power for the light?
And where... at the moment my digimeter is buggered so i may need a picture to show me where or diagram..

Please help this is the last problem with my faulty box.. and the missus cannot see the screen!!!

Gutted is there no-one that has come across this problem?

I've never had any experience with this issue but I would guess you need to replace the whole lcd mate. Unless you can take it apart and replace the backlight as it sounds like its buggered. Just guessing though.

de_deej

I have tried this with 3 different spare lcds No change still no light!

I need to see the light LOL

It the lcd board is working in a other box it looks like the front processor is faulty.

hmmm thanks guys suppose if i aint broke dont fix it is the motto i will have to make do without light.. shame though

Stick a couple of those surface mount LED's to each side of the LCD board and connect them up to a 9V square battery.... permanent backlight without replacing any components - sorted!

liamcrayden said:
Stick a couple of those surface mount LED's to each side of the LCD board and connect them up to a 9V square battery.... permanent backlight without replacing any components - sorted!

Nice and cheap fix Liam, I'm impressed.

de_deej

Lmao @ Liam cost a fortune in 9v batteries though! .... :D

OK then........ add a switch to the circuit :p save you on your batteries ;)

Back