Ndure questions

logic_187

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right i have got my crystal box modded using the NDURE method.

BUT

Q1.

When i did the Ndure config on the PC i selected UDAE, but when i did the build i backed up the xbox, then installed the Ndure (as per the instructions on XS). I noticed that one of the menu option was to install UDAE. Does Ndure install it by default or will i need to install it? can i install it now without f**ing up my box?

Q2.
The dashboard it installed was unleash X, how do i do a backup on this dashboard? I looked but couldnt find it. ON Evolution X i could go to system and select backup.

Q3.

Obviously the HD is a tad bit small and i want to transfer my HD out of my other box into this one. Previously i had used the xboxhdm method and restored the C and E to the newer bigger HD. But beacuse i used the NDURE method i dont know if i can do the same thing again i.e. copy the C and E to xboxhdm folder (C,E) on the PC --> burn ISO --> do HD swappy thingy ---> restore the C and E . OR do i need to follow a different path?

Right i have got my crystal box modded using the NDURE method.

BUT

Q1.

When i did the Ndure config on the PC i selected UDAE, but when i did the build i backed up the xbox, then installed the Ndure (as per the instructions on XS). I noticed that one of the menu option was to install UDAE. Does Ndure install it by default or will i need to install it? can i install it now without f**ing up my box?

Q2.
The dashboard it installed was unleash X, how do i do a backup on this dashboard? I looked but couldnt find it. ON Evolution X i could go to system and select backup.

Q3.

Obviously the HD is a tad bit small and i want to transfer my HD out of my other box into this one. Previously i had used the xboxhdm method and restored the C and E to the newer bigger HD. But beacuse i used the NDURE method i dont know if i can do the same thing again i.e. copy the C and E to xboxhdm folder (C,E) on the PC --> burn ISO --> do HD swappy thingy ---> restore the C and E . OR do i need to follow a different path?

Ok hopefully this will help:
Q1a: If you have followed the tut on XS exactly and the softmod installed you dont have to worry about anything else.

Q2a: The default dashboard that comes with it can be moved to E:\Apps\Unleashx if you want and replace it with XBMC... To install a new dash all you do is put the files into E:\Dash

Q3a: Instructions on how to upgrade your hdd are on XS but a here is a quick run down on how to do it.

> First back up your xbox eeprom using something like config magic.
> Copy the eeprom.bin to your iso disc putting it in the correct folder]
> Back up all your data to your computer using ftp
> Now install the softmod again to your new hdd
> Lock your hdd using the eeprom you saved

Make sure you follow the tut on xs properly and dont rush it.

alright bal

got the new hardrive in but need to transfer over the games saves from other HD, do i just delete the current TDATA and UDATA and then copy the TDATA and UDATA from old HD to new HD, or do i just copy them over without deleteing the old dirs?

i must say the newer xbox's are hell of a lot quiter than the old ver1's. I supect its the exlcusion of the GPU fan.

You can just replace the old folders and it should be fine mate, I know newer xboxes much quieter, doesnt have gpu fan and rear fan is much better too.

bally,

you got a hi-def block for your xbox? if so which one? i was thinkin about getting a connection block which has s-video, rgb, digital out and component connections out, from ebay (£10) and was wondering if they any good? i was thinking about getting this so i can use aftermarket cables/scart.

I'm currently using an svideo cable which i got from GAME years ago and ive got a very good, heavy duty Svideo scart gathering dust at the moment and wondering if its worth the extra investment in this connection block. The problem is you dont know how good these connection blocks are like, build and quality of the signal transfer, interefernce etc.

otherwise i might just get the advanced RGB microsoft scart

let me know cheers mate

If you have a TV that supports 720p via component then you must get a component connection. Some games support 720p and look much better, those that dont support 720p will work at 480p once again this is better than standard PAL.

Back