nbox 5800sx HELP!!!

Hi

im a noob, does anyone know if the you can flash the sky skin v2.5 to the nbox? and how this is done?

thanks

you should only post 1 question.........see post 67 on this posting, the sky skin sort of works but you also need to install cool TV guide from the plugins section via your box

the nbox doesn't support mini TV ( also called pig) I have found it will make the box green screen and freeze so I removed it. the other issue is the box has limited NAND flash memory

hope this helps

Hi, i cant find any option for b4t, b4u, updt the only options i have are NFS PKTN NAND Hdd3 Hdd2 Hdd1 UsbB UsbA. I cant find any option in order to install the hyperion v4 image the box i have is the nbox 5800sx BSLA. Could you please help ?

Thanks for the reply it comes up with this:
1)uboot 1.3.1 053
2)NAND
3)Load
4)nBOX
5)E2

Then boots into enigma 2

ok. so ive reflashed image. and renamed backup file. im trying to ftp to box. the file created is 45MB, but when im ftping across, it stops at 11MB and says that the file already exists.

scratch that. the hdd wasnt mounted! oops. learning curve continues.....

so i restored backup. showed success. enigma restarts, now stuck in loading/green screen loop

Hi

I have been following the tutorials from bluepassat, it has been spot on and really helped, one area where I am struggling though is how to mount the hdd. Every time I press the blue n button it says not mounted.

Tried in pkt blue pannel, hdd manager. No luck

Tried menu, system, harddrive, etc. With no luck either. Can you please tell me how you mounted your HDD?

Cheers
Lewis

it should be press opt....pkt bluepanel....mount center.....hdd manager.....

mount point 1 /hdd............/dev/sda1

press green

done

sda1 is your hard drive

INFO for other forum members

okay, ive got them installed. im not familiar with rats bouquets as i run autobouquets on the alien. How can i change regions? and also how do i change categories in epg? ie sports, movies etc. sorry for being a pain mate, but i really do appreciate it! i see youre inthe NW. if youre ever down south MCR way, ill buy you a beer or two!

ive sorted the selecting bouquets in epg issue.

Hi

Could you please tell me how you sorted the selecting bouquets in EPG? I am having the same issue. On my old image (openpli) when I pressed the EPG button I had a bouquet selection screen appear first, now with the Hyperion I can only seem to cove the EPG for whatever bouquet I am already watching.

Thanks

I ran this image when it was first avail for nbox, it's looks the same as 4.0 however I couldn't get the box to playback recordings.....it just green screens the box

Regards blue
Hi Blue,
Are there any new images available for this box? I've put OpenATV 5.1 on my Alien2+ and really like it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

not as far as know, there has been an update for Hyperion V 5.1 but I cant see any extra plugins or features, apart from bug fixes

avail images

enigma
nebula
hyperion
openPLI
gratelia

hope this helps

blue

not as far as know, there has been an update for Hyperion V 5.1 but I cant see any extra plugins or features, apart from bug fixes

avail images

enigma
nebula
hyperion
openPLI
gratelia

hope this helps

blue
Cheers Blue,
Have you tried any of them yourself? I can never find them, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Hi Blue, can you send to me also.
thanks.

Hi Blue,
Is there anywhere I can get the Update file?
I do not have enough posts on here to download.
thanks in advance,
3D Friend.

Hey Blue,
I have been reading around and discovered that my box says nbox when first loading which means that I have PKT Nebula.
according to this Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall
I should use only Nebula.
is this the case? or could I still add the bouquets updater and picon updater you mentioned?
thanks.

Did you ever get a bouquet updater to work for this box?

I would recommend the Zgemma Star S2 TWIn Sat Tuner.
they are great value for money and are easy to set up. unlike the Nbox 5800sx

Last edited by a moderator:
you will need to contribute 5 useful post to download, unless a kind mod will update your privileges

the update file is in post 8

don`t use nebula, Hyperion V4 is much better and supports the bouquet and the updater works well with hyperion

i wouldn't recommend a zgemma star s2, best going for a xtend et8000 or Vu+ solo twin or similar

Last edited:
Gee Blue,
the xtrend et8000 and Vu+ solo twin are three times the price of the Zgemma Twin Tuner!
Is there any big difference in what they can do?
on the Zgemma I can put on Vix, OpenATV etc... and compared to the nbox it is like comparing a Lada to the Starship Enterprise!
It is lightning fast compared to the Nbox too (when you press the remote, it happens on screen instantly).
I can plug in any size HDD, twin usb, record and watch at the same time, stream to my Android etc,
I have to say, I can not fault the Zgemma S2 Twin, (but I have not used the other 2 boxes you mentioned, can they do more than the Zgemma?)

Thank you for your feedback blue, I am still learning.

glad you have found a box you like

I looked at the Zgemma S2 Twin also but was put of by posts saying they are not officially supported by vix. I wanted a full size box that could hold a 2.5 or 3.5 internal hard drive. and you can mix up to 3 different tuners Android support IPhone / iPad support 2 year hardware warranty

if you think yours is fast I went for the xtrend et8000 which came highly recommended its double the speed of the zgemma 1300 MHz Processor (dual core processor) Flash 512MB / 1GB RAM all I can say is the key presses are instant

got mine for £160 delivered

regards

blue

Hey guys,
I recently bought a venton unibox HD eco+, really impressed. Previous boxes were AA2+ and nbox. The venton is several levels above and not very expensive

WOW completed the guide on the first two pages without issue !!!!THANK YOU BLUEPASSAT!!!!

I did face palm when i have now read on and seen you have created a fully loaded version haha or well i may look at doing the USB boot also.

One issue I have (there is always one) is my HDD says it is not mounted? how can i mount it? i have checked the HD Management pages and when selecting those it does not show my HD?

I think i have RATS on and working and the channel update working also and just trying coolguide

any help appreciated guys.

OH wait having fun with the TV guide again haha

downloaded coolguide and on the normal epg settings set it to openTV and now when i look at favourites all i get is radio stations and cannot get my TV guide back?

rebooting....

oh well after green screening after the last update it killed itself so followed the guide to get it up and running on the 'fully loaded' back up thanks Bluepassat. I have this up and running but just wondering about the rats channel and picon plugins as neither work? both get a file error 'invalid zip magic error' now i am sure i had this in the past and it was to do wit hthe server been updated? now i have searched and cannot find the files to ftp over to update the two plugins? does anyone have them?

Back