navman s50 work start help

whogiveaffff

Inactive User
Reaction score
went to use my navman s50 today but when i turn it on it just went to the first screen where the girl hanging out of window connect it usb see if that would help but computer dont see it is thier anything i can do or is it for the bin

try doing a reset! my S80 was hanging until i reset it, been god as gold ever since.

try doing a reset! my S80 was hanging until i reset it, been god as gold ever since.

only i have found to reset it is by holding the power button for ten seconds but that does nothing is thier any other way to reset it

Sorry mate, i tried my best to help!
being an S50 i doubt its under warranty?
best bet might be to stick it on Ebay, as spare or Repair.
This might put you off having another navman?
but my S80 3d with free TMC updates is the dogs nuts.
Have had Tom tom before and to be fair the Navman i feel is more accurate and has got me lost less than than my old Tom tom.
Most modern mobiles will double up as a half decent sat nav these days.
Anyway All i will say, is read reviews and compare prices before buying.
Halfords did have some good deals on, but be aware that some of the heavily dicounted models are old discontinued stock and unless you can get free updated maps, you could end up paying £30+ for updated maps.
best of luck .

Sorry mate, i tried my best to help!
being an S50 i doubt its under warranty?
best bet might be to stick it on Ebay, as spare or Repair.
This might put you off having another navman?
but my S80 3d with free TMC updates is the dogs nuts.
Have had Tom tom before and to be fair the Navman i feel is more accurate and has got me lost less than than my old Tom tom.
Most modern mobiles will double up as a half decent sat nav these days.
Anyway All i will say, is read reviews and compare prices before buying.
Halfords did have some good deals on, but be aware that some of the heavily dicounted models are old discontinued stock and unless you can get free updated maps, you could end up paying £30+ for updated maps.
best of luck .

thanks for your help think i will go for a s80 as i like navman and i can use my s50 bits with it

I know that this post is a bit :doh:belated but I have just had a similar experience and thought I would share my solution:

1. Download the latest SW from the Navman site S50-3D_setup.exe
2. Run it and re-start the device
3. Navigate Main Menu > Page 2/3 > Preferences > Page 3/3 >Saved Info > Restore Factory Defaults

Wallah - job done
I trust you will find this useful

Back