navi-Go Gps signal constantly lost

Shaan

Inactive User
Reaction score
i've installed TT6 and although it works quite well there have been times where i have lost gps signal for upto 30 minutes. this happens constantly and frankly i dont think i can rely on it. Also its slow to initially turn on (where you have the scenery picture) takes approximately ten seconds. I am using a 4g sdhc card.

Does any one else have these problems?

I had Tom Tom v5 on my mobile and that worked perfectly everytime.

From the description I'd suspect that it is a hardware based problem.

Nothing to do with Tom Tom. (Just my opinion).

It works intermitantly.

TomTom may be responsible for the time it takes to load?? but again it sounds like the GPS reciever has an intermitant fault.

I had a problem with my tomtom 300 and found out that the problem was with my Picasso windscreen it had some kind of a heat reflector in it and the single bounced of the screen I got myself a external antenna and fitted it on the back parcel self and run the wire under the carpet it now works 100%

It has been suggested that i try turbodog again to see if it loses the signal too.

strangely looking back my old tt5 on my my mobile P900 used to lose the signal in Manchester too, (just never for long periods)

i wander if anyone else has lost their signal in manchester?

mine is fine in manchester tt300 but like dingle said some windscreen have a reflector built in and you will get a crap signal.so i think you might have to sell your car and buy one without a reflector stay away from porsche they are built in reflectors.........lol

Do you turn your Navigo off with the standby button or the switch on the side?

I got my Mum one for her birthday and spent ages hacking it to get TomTom and iGo etc installed on it. I noticed that if you turn it off via the switch at the side it goes off fully, and resets the date/time. This gave me issues in TomTom as the time signal being recevied from the satellites was vastly different to the time on the Navigo and I couldn't get a proper fix. TomTom does not give the option to sync the device with the satellites. iGo however does give the option, and once you've sync'd, TomTom gets and keeps the signal much better. My advise it to only use the standby button on top, unless you intend to not make use of it for a few days.

Back