Nasri 'agrees Arsenal contract'

logic_187

Inactive User
Reaction score
i wonder if he will live up to his billing...

Taken from the BBC

Arsenal have won the race to sign France midfielder Samir Nasri from Marseille, BBC Sport understands.

The 20-year-old, who has been dubbed the new Zinedine Zidane, has reportedly agreed a four-year contract and will join after Euro 2008.

Nasri, who has made two appearances at this summer's European Championship, has spent the last four seasons with the French side.

He came to prominence in France's U-17 European Championship side in 2004.

The 20-year-old is believed to have a £13.5m buy-out clause in his contract.

Nasri joined Marseille as a nine-year-old and made his league debut during the 2004-2005 season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7462281.stm

It was funny the way the french team played him.

Brought him on for Ribery, Abidal gets sent off, off you go son. I mean what's all that about?

I remember when Liverpool signed cheyrou (spelling?) He was said to be the new Zidane too! Well! lol! Didnt quite happen!!

I remember when Liverpool signed cheyrou (spelling?) He was said to be the new Zidane too! Well! lol! Didnt quite happen!!

yeh its a lot to live up to and i doubt you will be able to get a talent identical to what he is being compared to.....i just hope he turns out to be good, with other arsenal team members leaving

I guess it really depends on how the talent is nurtured and the dirve and ambition of the player.

You can show a video on youtube of senderos and make him look good (maybe not but you know what i mean ;))

The only thing i really liked about him on youtube was the way he runs with the ball and can change direction.

Apart from that he looked as good as all the other you tube videos of players, and i am not sure if buying youngsters is the right things to be doing!

We need experience and im not one to question wenger but i dont think the fans will take another season tropheyless i can already see the difference in all the blogs and fan sites where half are wenger loyal and half are saying he is losing the plot and 2 seasons back you would of got your hand bitten off for saying anything about wenger!

Im in the middle i think wenger is a top manager but i believe he is making mistakes and now he has come out and said we do not need any defenders is just mind boggling ... we let in 34 goals the worst out of the top 4 and worse than pompey.

I do not think for one minute we will not finish in the top 4 because even if hleb goes we have so much quality and without the bad run of injuries who knows what would of happened but then again if wenger would of bought woodgate in the january sales lol that might of changed allot.

Gallas has to go... along with eboue (but he has the pictures ;)), and hoyte (useless players)

but why cant we try and sign micah richards ? lescott ? then try and get arteta, pederson, santa cruz top players that would come to arsenal and would not need a fooking setlling in time

hleb 3 seasons 11 goals ??? and now has done well wants to fook off to barca lmao :)

Nice one

You can show a video on youtube of senderos and make him look good (maybe not but you know what i mean ;))

The only thing i really liked about him on youtube was the way he runs with the ball and can change direction.

Apart from that he looked as good as all the other you tube videos of players, and i am not sure if buying youngsters is the right things to be doing!

We need experience and im not one to question wenger but i dont think the fans will take another season tropheyless i can already see the difference in all the blogs and fan sites where half are wenger loyal and half are saying he is losing the plot and 2 seasons back you would of got your hand bitten off for saying anything about wenger!

Im in the middle i think wenger is a top manager but i believe he is making mistakes and now he has come out and said we do not need any defenders is just mind boggling ... we let in 34 goals the worst out of the top 4 and worse than pompey.

I do not think for one minute we will not finish in the top 4 because even if hleb goes we have so much quality and without the bad run of injuries who knows what would of happened but then again if wenger would of bought woodgate in the january sales lol that might of changed allot.

Gallas has to go... along with eboue (but he has the pictures ;)), and hoyte (useless players)

but why cant we try and sign micah richards ? lescott ? then try and get arteta, pederson, santa cruz top players that would come to arsenal and would not need a fooking setlling in time

hleb 3 seasons 11 goals ??? and now has done well wants to fook off to barca lmao :)

Nice one
the problem with arsenal ????

is wage structure

why would top players join and the wages go down
u need to allow the players to havea parity with most of the other teams then you will attract top players

that is why a lot of your players are leaving
for more money and i dont blame them would you stay
i wouldnt

If you go back a few to the period when Man Utd didn't win their premier league title in something like 4 years. Apart from that, in that time they won the FA Cup, League Cup and that's about it I think.

Wenger has to get rid of Gallas, the most ridiculous player in the whole arsenal team. Someone like Woodgate would be stablility and the likes of Arteta would bring drive to the midfield.

In my opinion, Nasri is a decent striker, but the thing with Wenger is that he's got into the habit of thinking that young players are always the best and by recuriting them will exploit hidden talents.

What Wenger needs in his team is firstly, experience. A few players aged just under 30 or around 30 or players at their peek are ideal for any team.

I must admit though, they were inundated with injuries last season, with eduardo out all season, van persie on and off and a few others, I just feel 2 or 3 quality signings totalling around no more than £30 million could be the key for wenger.

Well until our stadium debt is sorted which should be hopefully next season with the sale of the highbury project bringing in 200 million i cannot see us beign stupid enough to get into more debt by paying wages we cant afford!

One thing i love about arsenal is we are not in the same financial trouble as the rest of the top 4 (should the suger daddies decide to leave)

So we should let these greedy players leave if they want to go elsewhere!

I think we pay the best players 90 grand a week and for me thats enough already!

While man u have almost one billion debts and chelski have a russian that writes off 140 million a season lol and i do not know what debts liverpool have but i bet they are very high! Arsenal owe 280 million and as said 200 will be gone when we complete highbury project leaving 80 million which in my opinion is very managable :)

So arsenal fans who want big signings (like me lol) should also think about what this does to a team's future.

Nice one

The problem we are having is that players keep leaving arsenal every year (may not be a bad thing tho, out with the crap and all that), we cant keep on buying players that are not proven, as we will never get a team to gel together, and we will always be waiting for the players to come of age.

the time has come for arsenal to throw a wad of cash down on 1 or 2 established players and say bitch your comming to arsenal....LOL...for example Essien ;-) (we wish)

micky you know and i know Wenger wont buy players that are in the premiership as they cost too much.

well theres still some time till the end of the transfer market i really hope he does not make any silly discissions....like keep benderos LOL.

I think he should sell adebayour especially for the money we could get for him, considering he isnt great (only good)

Adebayor could bring quite a lot in but what Wenger really needs is stabliity. If he bought in 2 or 3 players in, in this transfer market and then kept the team together for say 1 or 2 seasons they would gel perfectly. They'll know how everyone plays, what position, what to do etc.

I have never been a big fan of adebayor and will always point out that he is offside 50% of the time his first touch is awful and he cannot pass lmao.

But he scores goals and can only improve.... if you can promise me van persy can stay injury free next season then i would say get us 26 million for adebayor. Everyone is saying sell adebayor and get villa i don't think that is the answer because villa is quite like eduardo and if we sell adebayor we need a klose type player or even better santa cruz because he can also score the tap ins.

But honestly as much as its a pain to watch adebayor squander chance after chance lol he still scored 30+ goals lmao and we need a 30+ player!

So i don't think selling him is the right thing but it will be easier for me than when we sold anelka that was gutting even though we got henry (and i am talking about that point in time not in hindsight)

Regards
Mickie

Back