Nagraedit Promlem

maggooo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is this happening ive glitched xncs'd card rear in nagra no probs but when i try and right it sometimes it takes forty or fifty times before it will write

sometimes i get to dump code space sometimes write data space sometimes right to enabling card and then it fails!!!!!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY???????

iTS DOING MY HEAD IN COULD THERE BE A SETTING OR SOMETHING I CAN CHANGE IVE TRYIED CRYSTAL SPEED AND EVERYTHING ELSE I CAN THINK OF

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Could be several things but one of the most obvious to check is the actual crystal speed of your programmer.

Programmer power supply is also a possibility - if it can't supply enough current then you might see this kind of problem during writing.

If you are using a programmer that uses a USB interface and a virtual serial port then I would suggest you've got the culprit immediately - these are simply not reliable due to the USB being a non deterministic bus that simply was not designed for this kind of thing !

Another option is that the card has been damaged. Glitching cards really isn't that good for them as you are effectively sending large overvoltage spikes into them - some cards just don't respond well to this treatment.

Your PC is also a possible suspect. Some PC's have very out of spec serial ports that are about as much use as the proverbial chocolate fireguard. The OS may also be causing you a problem. XP is notorious for the amount of abstraction layers it places between a program and the actual software ruining any chance of any timing critical task working properly. Compatability mode can mitigate this slightly but not by much !

Last edited:
As suggested in previous post, this sounds very much like compatability mode - right click the icon, and set compatability mode to WIN98.

nozzer said:
Could be several things but one of the most obvious to check is the actual crystal speed of your programmer.

Programmer power supply is also a possibility - if it can't supply enough current then you might see this kind of problem during writing.

If you are using a programmer that uses a USB interface and a virtual serial port then I would suggest you've got the culprit immediately - these are simply not reliable due to the USB being a non deterministic bus that simply was not designed for this kind of thing !

Another option is that the card has been damaged. Glitching cards really isn't that good for them as you are effectively sending large overvoltage spikes into them - some cards just don't respond well to this treatment.

Your PC is also a possible suspect. Some PC's have very out of spec serial ports that are about as much use as the proverbial chocolate fireguard. The OS may also be causing you a problem. XP is notorious for the amount of abstraction layers it places between a program and the actual software ruining any chance of any timing critical task working properly. Compatability mode can mitigate this slightly but not by much !

So really there cant be many possibilities lol

i do however use the infinity unlim which i thought the vcp could be the prob

Im currently running nagra in 98 mode thers no luck with any mode

never mind guess its like it or get another programmer

Cheers for your input guys

I you are using infinity you could try connecting serial lead to the port next to the usb port on the infinity programmer and then altering the com port in nagra to com 1 and connecting it straight to your computer serial port also you will need infity running in phoenix 3.68 should minimise to task bar but leave the usb cable plugged in as it draws the power from usb and make sure infinity is set to com 1 just a thought as this worked for me.

its not a phoenix programmer bud but thats on its way

Back