Phone Unlocking N95 Debraning and Firmware Update?

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im sure when i got an N95 last year someone posted a how to along with files to debrand the phone and put the latest firmware on cant seem to find it anyone help?? got an n95 for the mrs so looking to update it now

any idea where i can download the nemises software? downloads on digitalworldz arent working :-(

any idea where i can download the nemises software? downloads on digitalworldz arent working :-(

when i typed "Nemesis Service Suite"in to google i found the download in the first link it came up with.

Uh oh...

There you go full instuctions and were to download.

http://nokia.nigelcoldwell.co.uk/firmware.htm

I know it works as I did mine yesterday

Could i have a little bit of assistance please? I've follwed that to the full and no joy. Rang a Nokia Service Centre in Stoke-on-Trent about a screen fault i am having and 'casually' told him i was using a T-Mobile handset. He asked if it was conny or PAYT to which i said conny. 'Ahhhh' he said. 'Then i won't bother doing you a software update when you send it in'. 'Why?' i asked in a confuddled voice. 'Cus it'll remove the unlock and you'll be stuck with it' :FRIGHT: I was in shock. Can someone tell me what the heck this bloke is on with?! Surely that can't be right!

Back to the main prob though. Any ideas how come this thing of mine won't debrand? Tried like 8 codes but nothing. Still got the T-NOBBY wap icons etc all over it and the start-up logo and tune to. I'm seriously at a loss. Please advise guys! PLEASE!!!

Many thanks, Steve :D

once you have changed the product code you need to goto Nokia Software Updater on your computer and update the firmware on your phone. thats when all the logos an that will go , it dont just go by changing the product code m8.

what does this actually mean/do?

Gets rid of any stuff like o2 Extras, removes network logos, and it upgrades it to a Generic Nokia N95 firmware which they intended to be released for the phone.

IMO Debranded firmwares are much much better than the standard network ones due to how much better the battery life is.

For those of you who haven't been checking for updates recently... have a look at this which i saw moments ago.

Using code 0536062

Enjoy! :)

hey thanks for this, but when i click read, it box grays over, then nothing, they all stay blank, any ideas?

is your phone is general profile and no key locked?

It seems the programme is going non responsive if it greys out totally.
have you tried running just the app on its own?

got it sorted, the auto keylock kept coming on, cheers lads worked great! just need some stuff to wack on it now lol

Back