N-Line vs Cline

icks83

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anybody help me with what the difference is between these two. I've done some research but it doesnt seem clear for me still.

Thanks

Can anybody help me with what the difference is between these two. I've done some research but it doesnt seem clear for me still.

Thanks

Nline can be run in mgcamd/oscam the advantage over CCcam is those two can run a cache system taking some load of the cards on the server. This could reduce ecm glitching.

Nline can be run in mgcamd/oscam the advantage over CCcam is those two can run a cache system taking some load of the cards on the server. This could reduce ecm glitching.

Thank you :D much appreciated

If the server is using 'genuine' CCcam then that's correct, if however the server is using OScam as the basis for the CCcam server (as is more often than not the case these days) then it can fully support the ecm cache.

This is where the confusion seems to be going on previous threads and this. What you are using at the client end really doesn't matter providing it supports the protocol you need - What is being used at the server side (and how it's configured) is important depending on what you need it to do.

As regards being a CLIENT ONLY then:
CCcam 2.3.0 supports CCcam, Newcamd and Mgcamd (including more than one service at once)
OScam supports CCcam, Newcamd, Mgcamd and more (including more than one service at once)
Mgcamd supports CCcam, Newcamd, Mgcamd (generally not with more than one service and struggles with later Enigma2 builds that are appearing now)

If the server is using 'genuine' CCcam then that's correct, if however the server is using OScam as the basis for the CCcam server (as is more often than not the case these days) then it can fully support the ecm cache.

This is where the confusion seems to be going on previous threads and this. What you are using at the client end really doesn't matter providing it supports the protocol you need - What is being used at the server side (and how it's configured) is important depending on what you need it to do.

As regards being a CLIENT ONLY then:
CCcam 2.3.0 supports CCcam, Newcamd and Mgcamd (including more than one service at once)
OScam supports CCcam, Newcamd, Mgcamd and more (including more than one service at once)
Mgcamd supports CCcam, Newcamd, Mgcamd (generally not with more than one service and struggles with later Enigma2 builds that are appearing now)

And your confusion starts by thinking anyone running a Oscam or newcamd server would issue a Cline !

The thread states Cline v Nline. Your never going to be issued a cline unless they run a pure CCcam server.

This again after trying to explain it before to you is why servers are reluctant to allow the use of CCcam as a client. Most dont FACT.

Your never going to be issued a cline unless they run a pure CCcam server.

OScam when used as the server is able to support CCcam, Newcamd and Mgcamd protocols - The CCcam protocol can also support multiple CAIDs via a single port (as can Mgcamd) so there are many instances where the server will be using OScam to provide C lines.

This again after trying to explain it before to you is why servers are reluctant to allow the use of CCcam as a client. Most dont FACT.

Using the word FACT in capitals does not make it any more true or correct, it's not and far from you try to explain to me I have tried to explain to you (and it appears failed in) what is actually the case.

OScam when used as the server is able to support CCcam, Newcamd and Mgcamd protocols - The CCcam protocol can also support multiple CAIDs via a single port (as can Mgcamd) so there are many instances where the server will be using OScam to provide C lines.

Using the word FACT in capitals does not make it any more true or correct, it's not and far from you try to explain to me I have tried to explain to you (and it appears failed in) what is actually the case.

An Oscam server to CCcam client setup will not use cache.

Go ask the lads running Oscam or Newcamd servers what they think to CCcam as a client. They will tell you to use mgcamd and Oscam particularly those using Nagra cards that dont handle traffic as well as others and rely on ecm cache.

An Oscam server to CCcam client setup will not use cache.

Go ask the lads running Oscam or Newcamd servers what they think to CCcam as a client. They will tell you to use mgcamd and Oscam particularly those using Nagra cards that dont handle traffic as well as others and rely on ecm cache.

I can assure you OScam as the server will use the ecm cache regardless of the protocol being used, CCcam, Newcamd or Mgcamd makes no difference, it's OScam that is the key here before the sharing protocol is even considered as that's decides what uses the cache and what doesn't and it's then passed to the client in whatever format it's set to.

I fully agree that 'genuine' CCcam being used as the server won't be able to provide any kind of cache so can fully understand not wanting to use that on the server side but OScam providing whatever protocol you want more or less will use it's cache. :)

Do you do the same when you type in the N-lines when using Newcamd or Mgfamd as when you using CCcam?

I posted this on another forum, hope its helpful

The softcams use a protocol to connect to the server and get the keys to clear your channels, the 2 common protocols are cccam and newcamd

Now for softcam configuration and about the famous c or n line

CCCAM uses the cccam.cfg file - which has configuration settings and server details, as an example

for a nline in cccam

N: <server name> <port> <username> <password> 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

for a cline in cccam

C: <server name> <port> <username> <password>

MGCAMD uses the newcamd.list and mg_cfg file - newcamd.list for server details and mg_cfg for configuration settings

newcamd.list is where you enter details for your servers, as follows

CWS = <server name> <port> <username> <password> 1234567891011121314

Thanks!

Which protocal do you prefer? only used Cccam all the time. But if some of the other is better I will try.

I posted this on another forum, hope its helpful

The softcams use a protocol to connect to the server and get the keys to clear your channels, the 2 common protocols are cccam and newcamd

Now for softcam configuration and about the famous c or n line

CCCAM uses the cccam.cfg file - which has configuration settings and server details, as an example

for a nline in cccam

N: <server name> <port> <username> <password> 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

for a cline in cccam

C: <server name> <port> <username> <password>

MGCAMD uses the newcamd.list and mg_cfg file - newcamd.list for server details and mg_cfg for configuration settings

newcamd.list is where you enter details for your servers, as follows

CWS = <server name> <port> <username> <password> 1234567891011121314

personally I only ever use oscam with newcamd as protocol

Hi Guys, hopefully someone will see this.
I am trying to setup a zgemma and transfer my line.
Have tried numerous solutions in usr\keys but none work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

N: hostname.server.com 48723 Username Password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

thank you

Hi Guys, hopefully someone will see this.
I am trying to setup a zgemma and transfer my line.
Have tried numerous solutions in usr\keys but none work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

N: hostname.server.com 48723 Username Password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

thank you
FTP var/keys.
You should have 2 files. mg_cfg and newcamd.list.
Edit your newcamd.list and type it in as this....

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = HOST PORT USER PASS 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Then restart your cam (mgcamd 1.38)

Thanks for the info, unfortunately still not working.... the mg_cfg file is full of information... on the softcam panel get message saying no new ecm info!!
Edited the newcamd.list as you said.

Thought this would have been easy!!

It's working, thanks for your help, really appreciate it!! Just took a minute to kick in :)

How would you know what protocol your supplier is using.
( Using Oscam as a backup for sport streaming.)

Back