MythTv Fix

R

rahatahmed

Hi People
I know it sounds strange to many of you but its out there and many people use it. Its linux and not everybody's cup of tea. During the last key roll it was running sweet all the way through without a hitch its only this time it had a problem and i have got a solution for it. I have tried Linex forums first to find out if anybody cracked it but no joy. So I decided to put the CURE here so it can Benifit our forum a bit more.
CURE
Now its has to go in you sasc folder where you have your nagra files. You compiled it so you know where it is.
Copy the nagrarom7.bin file into your nagra folder
now you have a file name ROM7.bin in your nagra folder (rom in capital letters) delete that file you have to do that through the terminal with sudo rm -rf command.
now change the name of nagrarom7.bin to ROM7.bin make sure you change it exactley the same as it was before deletion (case sensitive).
reboot your computer or restart sasc and you are done.

Thanks and God speed

Wow a Mythtv user running DVB-C. You are a rare animal indeed.

I tried this with a TT-1501 budget but I could only ever get it to work once. Then Mythtv would lock up and not allow me to view the card again. I can't remeber the exact error.

Anyway would you mind posting your setup?

I am trying (still) to get a mythtv box up and running and think the SC-Files folder I have may need to be updated with the nagrarom7.bin file, does anyone know why I can find a copy, Iive done a bit of googling but no muck so far

Hi there,

I would really like some help with sasc-ng and the nagra files. Are any of you still around?

It's more to do with sasc-ng, haven't even reached the MythTV part yet. I've been conducting a more or less internet manhunt for pickles as he seems to have got his up and running but since I'm a new user I can't send him a private message and this forum doesn't allow me to see his e-mail (unless an admin sent him one for me). I think I'm really close to cracking it as well :(.

still here. Still got tt 1501, and full featured seimens cards, and haven't done much else with them since last year... :( If I procrastinate for another few months the problem ill magically solve, as there will be no more nagra 2 tv to decode ... :)

How did you get it to work once? I have a SoftCam.Key file in the following format

N 5A01 00 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
N 5A01 01 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and in the sc_files/nagra folder I have nagraepr7.bin, nagrarom7.bin and nagraram7.bin renamed as eep7_5a.bin, ROM7.bin and ROM7ext.bin. When I run

sasn-ng -j 0:1 --cam-budget

and then try

czap -a 1 'Sky Sports 1'

sasc-ng outputs

Mar 14 21:03:16.232 CHANNEL: start: giving up reading nit

over and over. What am I missing?

I had a working mythtv set up using sasc-ng for most of last year until virgin changed their encryption in Leeds.

From the output you have posted it looks like you have sac-ng up and running; if it is not decrypting then you might need to use different rom's or virgin may have already moved your region to the newer encryption in which case sasc-ng will no longer work.

PM me and I will send you the rom's that were working for me before the encryption changed

Back