My Sons Laptop or a new Lenovo?

chris02

Reaction score
I need a new or newish laptop for around £450.

My son has a 3 year old Lenovo Y50 70 to sell, I7 4th gen16GB Ram 1TB HD 4K screen in reasonable condition for which I could put a spare 256 SSD in to replace the 1TB HD.

OR buy a

Lenovo IdeaPad 320 Laptop, Intel Core i5, 7th Gen 8GB, 128GB SSD, 1920 x 1080 pixels screen from JL with a 3 year.

Would be used for web and photo work in Capture One.

Which would you go for and why?

Many thanks

Assuming the specs here and here are correct; I'd go for the Y50 70 + SSD upgrade.

The Y50 has a Nvidia 960M, where as the 320 has integrated Intel graphics. Not important for web, but the dedicated GPU and graphics RAM will generally speed up the photo editing process.
The Y50 has an IPS panel, where as the 320 is TN. IPS is the preferred choice for photo editing, as it has more accurate colour rendition and better viewing angles.

Assuming the specs here and here are correct; I'd go for the Y50 70 + SSD upgrade.

The Y50 has a Nvidia 960M, where as the 320 has integrated Intel graphics. Not important for web, but the dedicated GPU and graphics RAM will generally speed up the photo editing process.
The Y50 has an IPS panel, where as the 320 is TN. IPS is the preferred choice for photo editing, as it has more accurate colour rendition and better viewing angles.

Yes the two you highlighted are the ones in question. Looks like I will be subbing the boys ipad pro by buying his 50 70.

Many thanks for your input and he link to 'Netbook check' useful and not spotted before.

Back