my pc just died please help

maca

Inactive User
Reaction score
my pc would not respond so had to switch off then on restart i get this blue screen anyone any ideas please help:(

think the stop code should be important mate, hopefully somebody can interpret it.
Good Luck,
HH.

Taken from microsoft help and support

If it be the connector cable problem then replace the 40-wire cable with an 80-wire UDMA cable.

If it's a BIOS settings problem then load the 'Fail-Safe' default settings, and then reactivate the most frequently used options such as USB Support.

If it's a damaged file system case then:-
1.Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2.When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3.If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.

4.When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5.At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER.

6.At the command prompt, type exit , and then press ENTER to restart your computer.

This takes a bit longer, but the system should boot back into Windows

un mountable boot volume...

not a good sign.. HDD corruption or failure..

had this on my laptop

managed to get it back by booting from xp cd and selecting R for recover mode..

firstly did

FIXBOOT - which fixes boot data

then

cCHKDSK /r - which scans and fixed errors

once this is done and you can get back into xp BACKUP everything... as the HDD wont have much life left in my experience..

good luck mate

un mountable boot volume...

not a good sign.. HDD corruption or failure..

had this on my laptop

managed to get it back by booting from xp cd and selecting R for recover mode..

firstly did

FIXBOOT - which fixes boot data

then

cCHKDSK /r - which scans and fixed errors

once this is done and you can get back into xp BACKUP everything... as the HDD wont have much life left in my experience..

good luck mate

am i being thick but tried what was said now getting this

i'm curious. did u use the fixboot option mentioned in the post??

try this.

In recovery console type

cd ..
attrib -h-r-s boot.ini
del boot.ini
bootcfg /rebuild (Identifier = Microsoft Windows XP / Load option = /fastdetect )
chkdsk /r
attrib +h+r+s boot.ini
fixboot
fixmbr
exit

IS the drive IDE(PATA). I'd seriously consider replaceing the lead as metion in my previous post.

You can get one at pissy world for a £5 er.

easy, fix is as neor and notmeatall3 mentioned earlier.

that is get it to recovery mode:

and fixmrb, fixboot you may need to chkdsk

but now this has been patched is the service packs. so download it.

see link below

//support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

all sorted now guys got another xp disk did fixboot chkdsk /r all back on just doing backup and gonna get a new hd cheers all:Clap:

i guess the cd wan't reading right or a fingerprint on disc.LOL

I often find i need to refresh my copy of xp by burning a new disc very few years.LOL

Back