My Parrot attacked by neighbours dog

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
My poor Hollie......

the guy downstairs phoned to ask how to do something late the other night..having been on the phone for about 5 minutes, i said it would be easier if i just came down, left the door on the catch and parrot perching on cupboard door where she always sits while i'm on pc.....went down a few minutes later could hear this strange noise, i thought it was a fox outside, then i realised, i run up stairs shouting to him...where's ur dog.....at that point the dog came running out of me flat.....there was red tails feathers everywhere and grey ones too....poor little hollie frightened to deaf in the corner on the floor. He has a staf and soooooooo bloody lucky he didn't kill her....her feathers were wet, so he had defo had his mouth around her and she had a little cut on her body underneath her wing...i was in bits.....the young fella couldn't apologize enough.....he said i'm gonna go and beat him now.....i said don't u dare, he's a dog, it's natrual for him to chase anything that moves...just so lucky he didn't do any real damage. it wasn't the dogs thought it was ours, they are our animals and we are responsible for them, we shouldn't of left our doors open. Anyway stayed at home with her the next day cos i worried about her going into shock........got her checked by vet, which he paid half of...Thankfully 2 days later she was back on the window sil whistling again and seems to be fully recovered now. She has seen the dog from the window playing in the garden and seemed to be ok by that, she wasn't fretting.

anyway, just thought i'd share that with u and to anyone who has any kind of pet, don't leave the door on the catch no matter for how long. close it and take ur keys....lol

lol, at first I thought this was going to be a Monty Pythonesque joke! :)

Glad your wee bird is ok Tina :)

Last edited:
Glad she's OK, must of been a fright, still no real harm done and lessons learnt :)

shes one lucky bird as not much escapes the jaws of a staff!:JAWS1:

Glad shes ok though

Thankfully 2 days later she was back on the window sil whistling again and seems to be fully recovered now. She has seen the dog from the window playing in the garden and seemed to be ok by that, she wasn't fretting.

I hope she wasn't whistling at the dog, trying to wind it up lol

Glad she's ok

Curly

at first, i read title wrong, and though tyour parrot attacked the dog LOL.

at least your neighbour wasn't an awkward one, and has helped with the vet bill.

but best news is Hollie is ok.

does she talk? maybe she can tell you what happened LOL

dog should be put to sleep, what will it be next a child? i love staffies but if it has done this to a parrot, it wouldnt think twice about a child.

Is is great to hear she is alright, I let my cat outside a few months ago and someone poisoned him so hearing good animal outcomes cheers me up.

This happened to me years back.. was looking after my brothers african grey.. and one of the cats in our house attacked her oops..

Feathers everywhere and the bird was shaking....

too this day he still has the same bird and its going strong... he's still none the wiser though...

dog should be put to sleep, what will it be next a child? i love staffies but if it has done this to a parrot, it wouldnt think twice about a child.

omg...thats a bit harsh isn't it.......she came out alive...the dog was toying with her, yeah he could of killed her but didn't..it's a dog's natural instinct to chase something like a bird...or cat...

at first, i read title wrong, and though tyour parrot attacked the dog LOL.

after reading a few posts with people thinking the same as u, i read the title and yeah i suppose looking at it quickly it does seem like i have written....parrot attacked neighbours dog...pmsl

Back