my original modem in my mates

flickster

Inactive User
Reaction score
before i travel 10miles to ma mates,,will my subbed modem work in his house? sitting here doing nowt,,cheers for replys

Why would your subbed modem be sitting there doing nothing ?

If its subbed then it should be connected up and working. If you've simply put it in a cupboard because you also have a dodgy modem on a faster tier then dont you think thats a bit suspicious ?

VM could easily ask why someone is paying subs for a modem thats never actually online.

thats a good point thats why my subbed modem is on my router for laptop and my cloned 1 is on pc for downloading

well, if i give it ma mate,,,it will be online,,, that be ok,,cheers

well, if i give it ma mate,,,it will be online,,, that be ok,,cheers

Probably not in the correct place though !

You also have to remember that the modem is registered to you. If its used to download anything illegal then the comeback is on you (especially if the modem is still in the same area as its registered)

Last edited:
thats a good point thats why my subbed modem is on my router for laptop and my cloned 1 is on pc for downloading

i do exactly the same as you..... @ flickster tell ya m8 to pay for his own broadband and dont lend him yours as their is the chance of possibly incriminating yourself

k guys,,,tried and worked,,he wants me to mod his old one ,,,so left mine wi him till i can,,,sure i can trust him,,cheers for replys

k guys,,,tried and worked,,he wants me to mod his old one ,,,so left mine wi him till i can,,,sure i can trust him,,cheers for replys

Yeah, Modding subbed equipment why not? go ahead. When VM start knocking I hope you have your excuses ready.

Back