My new wheels

• Thread starter Deleted member 6259
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6259

Well ave been shopping the day and treated myself to a new bike as my old one has seen better days so a thought why not

Here it is and spec

Accessories: Pinnacle Jagwire TubeTops. Spare BGRD gear hanger. Alloy bell.

Seatpost: Easton EA70 27.2mm

Saddle: Prologo Nago Pro Rail

Tubes: 26x2.0 Presta Valve

Rear Tyre: Continental Speed King Folding 26x2.1

Front Tyre: Continental Speed King Folding 26x2.1

Spokes: Mavic CrossRide Spokes (24/24)

Rear Hub: Mavic CrossRide Disc wheels Centrelock

Front Hub: Mavic CrossRide Disc wheels Centrelock

Rims: Mavic CrossRide Disc with Centrelock

Grips: Pinnacle Superlight Race Foam MTB Grip

Stem: Easton EA70 90/100/110/110mm (S/M/L/XL)

Handlebars: Easton EA70. 580mm Flat Bar

Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XT BL-M775 Hydraulic

Rear Brake: Shimano Deore XT BR-M775 Disc Brake 160mm Rotor

Front Brake: Shimano Deore XT BR-M775 Disc Brake 160mm Rotor

Pedals: Crank Bros Candy C

Chain: KMC X9SL with Connecting Link

Cassette: Shimano Deore XT CS-M770 11-34T 9 Speed

Bottom Bracket: Shimano included with crankset Chainrings: 22/32/44T

Chainset: Shimano Deore XT FC-M770 170mm (S/M) 175mm (L/XL)

Shifters: Shimano Deore XT SL-M770 9 Speed

Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XTR Shadow RD-M972 SGS 9 Speed

Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT FD-M770 Multi-Fit 31.8mm

Fork: 2008 Fox F80RL. 80mm. Lockout

Frame: Pinnacle a7c Custom Butted 7005 Aluminium with 3K Carbon Seat Stays. P-Fit Pro Geometry

Seat Binder: Alloy Allen Key 31.8mm Black

--------------------------------------------------------------
Couple of upgrades allready ordered :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ave been shopping the day and treated myself to a new bike as my old one has seen better days so a thought why not

Here it is and spec

Accessories: Pinnacle Jagwire TubeTops. Spare BGRD gear hanger. Alloy bell. Seatpost: Easton EA70 27.2mm Saddle: Prologo Nago Pro Rail Tubes: 26x2.0 Presta Valve Rear Tyre: Continental Speed King Folding 26x2.1 Front Tyre: Continental Speed King Folding 26x2.1 Spokes: Mavic CrossRide Spokes (24/24) Rear Hub: Mavic CrossRide Disc wheels Centrelock Front Hub: Mavic CrossRide Disc wheels Centrelock Rims: Mavic CrossRide Disc with Centrelock Grips: Pinnacle Superlight Race Foam MTB Grip Stem: Easton EA70 90/100/110/110mm (S/M/L/XL) Handlebars: Easton EA70. 580mm Flat Bar Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XT BL-M775 Hydraulic Rear Brake: Shimano Deore XT BR-M775 Disc Brake 160mm Rotor Front Brake: Shimano Deore XT BR-M775 Disc Brake 160mm Rotor Pedals: Crank Bros Candy C Chain: KMC X9SL with Connecting Link Cassette: Shimano Deore XT CS-M770 11-34T 9 Speed Bottom Bracket: Shimano included with crankset Chainrings: 22/32/44T Chainset: Shimano Deore XT FC-M770 170mm (S/M) 175mm (L/XL) Shifters: Shimano Deore XT SL-M770 9 Speed Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XTR Shadow RD-M972 SGS 9 Speed Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT FD-M770 Multi-Fit 31.8mm Fork: 2008 Fox F80RL. 80mm. Lockout Frame: Pinnacle a7c Custom Butted 7005 Aluminium with 3K Carbon Seat Stays. P-Fit Pro Geometry Seat Binder: Alloy Allen Key 31.8mm Black
Bloody hell thatlooks the buisness.
i owned 2 in my life
1st was a fixed wheel bike which was plenty of fun 2nd was a raleigh with3 sturma archer gears and i used to ride a carrier bike in my partime job

Aye mate bikes have come along way the last few years my old gary fisher montare had just seen better days so seen this and just had to buy it alsoo all the reviews on it are top notch roll on the weekend when i can get out and give it a good thrashing :) .Done a couple of mile on it the night just to get it set up right and delighted with it.

nice bike bet you that cost a pretty penny?our company runs a bike scheme where you can purcahse a bike up to a certain value ,quite a good idea ,i have a muddy fox mountain bike (for playing in the mud )a Claud Butler Cape Wrath D24 2008 Mountain Bike for going to my work and Cannondale Synapse Tiagra Triple 2007 Road Bike for the week-ends

Looks good, you will get some nice flex in those rear stays?)

I have a Spesh S-Works full Suss.

RS Revelation Fork
Fox Shock
DT Swiss Rims with Hope Pro 2 hubs!
Magura Louise Brakes 203 and 180mm
Sram X9's
Race Face Crank Set

Nearly came off it the other week and killed myself and probably would have killed the bike also!

Nice bit of kit.

What did you drop?

Looks like a lot of dough. If it is did you not think about full suss?

Feckin seat looks like it'll give you a sore biffin to me ;)

Curly

Your telling me mate try sitting where i am at the minute feels like ive dropped the soap :( .

MH cracking bike you have there mate never been a fan of full suss tho as i do a good few road miles as well as xc .

notanotherone , It was reduced from £1500.00 to £1299.00 and i got some free shoes and grips but well worth every penny.

Baaheeduk , Keep at it mate and just upgrade when you feel you need something better :)

mozr , i had an old 97 gary fisher montare with a mixture of xt and lx bits on its done me prowed in the past but has seen its day now just gonna keep it for a commuter now :)

MH cracking bike you have there mate never been a fan of full suss tho as i do a good few road miles as well as xc .

Thats why you get a rear shock that has a lockout. I can turn mine into a full rigid, but locking out the front and back:)

so a raleigh with a 3 speed sturma archer gears and basket on the front in not now cool
IM GUTTED
:feck:back to this then for me : mr ed ::CRYBABY::roflmao:

Lovely new bike draca. Very nice mix of kit. I'm rather envious.

Do let us know what it rides like. I'm interested in a new front fork so would love to hear your initial impressions although I am well aware that you will need to bed it in. I wouldn't mind hearing how flexy it is under standing acceleration so have a blast at the weekend.

Oh and I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on V brakes vs your new disc brakes.

Congrats on the new ride!

That raises an interesting point (possibly new thread) After trying to get into the old mountain bike game in this lovely weather I think I need disc brakes (as my rims are getting full of shit leading to poor braking)?

I can upgrade my spesh frame so I will have a look.

Thats why you get a rear shock that has a lockout. I can turn mine into a full rigid, but locking out the front and back:)

Didnt relise it had it on mate mines got lock out on the front :) if a get more into dh a might look at full suss the next time am looking.

Lovely new bike draca. Very nice mix of kit. I'm rather envious.

Oh and I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on V brakes vs your new disc brakes.

Congrats on the new ride!

Thanks mate. Im new to disk brakes also mate but up to now im impressed but couldnt say whats better yet.I can tell you im a fan of v-brakes (decent ones off course) though i worked at a bike shop when they first got relised and the first set that arrieved in the shop (xt) i had fitted to my bike the same day and have used them since and apart from new pads and the odd cable ive had no problems decent rims help as well.But have been told if ou do go disk get hydraulic and not cable.

That raises an interesting point (possibly new thread) After trying to get into the old mountain bike game in this lovely weather I think I need disc brakes (as my rims are getting full of shit leading to poor braking)?

i would try some decent pads before jumping into disks mate especially with you just starting off i would wait and see if you get the bug before upgrading as it can be expensive :)

You've only had your bike a few weeks LOL. New hobbies are great fun.

I'd stick with V brakes for now. They are plenty good for most cases of stopping, I've used mine on downhill tracks including Glencoe and they were more than adequate.

I would have got a pair years ago but I have a fetish about carrying extra weight.