My modem keeps cutting off - Help Needed!

as007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello

I have a subscribed motorola sb5101e modem and a eurovox which I have been using for about 2 years without any problems. However for the last couple of weeks my modem keeps cutting off and the online light just keeps blinking. It does this usually from about 12pm till 5pm and then goes back online again and then the next day it will do the same. My current setup is I have my main cable feed going to a 4-way Konig splitter at the brown box on the wall outside. I am currently only using 2 of the outputs from the 4 way splitter, one going to the eurovox and the other going to the modem.

A couple of days ago I took the splitter out and just connect the cable feed directly to the modem and everything seems fine for the last couple of days. Does this mean its a signal issue or could it be the splitter has gone faulty? If its a sginal issue then what what be the best way around this? What should the modem readings be?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

the splitter might be faulty!!! get another 2 way splitter and try it then u will know for sure

I have exactly the same problem with my subscribed modem unless I use a yellow-brick booster. In my case it doesn't matter whether I split the signal or feed it directly into the modem.

I have exactly the same problem with my subscribed modem unless I use a yellow-brick booster. In my case it doesn't matter whether I split the signal or feed it directly into the modem.
if ur paying for it, just phone them up and let them know its keeps loosing connection and they will have to send some1 out to fix... chances r they will just move u to a higher tab in the green cab

Hello

Thanks for your responses. I have thought of calling someone to come and fix it but my only problem is that I'm also using a eurovox, lol. I can always unplug the box and hide it but will they not question the cabling at the brown box? When I first had broadband the engineer installed a white box in the room thaat used to be a study but we had an extension a year ago and the study moved to another room and I got the electrician to rewire the cable so that I could have 2 points. He put the splitter at the brown box and then installed a point in the new study room for the broadband and also a point near the TV in the living room and hidden all the wire behind the plaster on the walls. Do you think they would say anything if I told them that the reason we did that was just in case we wanted TV in the future it would save them having to drill holes and feed wire around the house?

Thanks

Back