my first DM

lefty1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there everyone,

i just bought my first dreambox....

i've read the tut on how to setup a dm500c with enigma...it seems quite complicated and also my tv connection is downstairs and the pc connection is upstairs!!! - but i need to connect the two together!

A bit of a bother to take the pc downstairs!

arghh...

I thought it was plug and play? i guess when the (keys?) role i'd have to flash the box?

Could someone please post a link or guide that is easy to follow? I heard satchmo;s guide is good, but can't find it...

Last edited:
yeah i found the guide a bit confusing. so im quite confused on why i need to simultaneously connect the box to my pc and coax.

plus what's the latest image?

im a complete noob at dm...so no good with jargon either.

do i have to connect the box to the pc as well as the feed at the sametime? i tohught i'd need to connect it to the feed only when scanning for channels?

Does it matter which image i use?

when the keys role does this affect the image and are new images formed as a consequence?

Can I still use the image stated in DevilFish's tut..and would the DM work with all channels?

Hi rachit

You only need to connect to your PC to set up the Image, after that you just need the cable feed.

Regards

Wizard

I could be wrong, but can't think of a reason why it needs to be on stream while being flashed, I know that I have FPTed it while off stream.

Try it and see, if you brick it there are easy ways to unbrick it. (you may wish to wait for another reply 1st though)

Lattest image DW2.0

I could be wrong, but can't think of a reason why it needs to be on stream while being flashed, I know that I have FPTed it while off stream.

Try it and see, if you brick it there are easy ways to unbrick it. (you may wish to wait for another reply 1st though)

Lattest image DW2.0

Okay quite a lot of jargon there.

what is bricking?
lattest image is DW.20 - How do i flash that on? - by using the same tut provided by devilfish?
Why do u FTP?

Could you also answer my questions a few replies above if you knwo the answer?

Okay quite a lot of jargon there.

what is bricking?
lattest image is DW.20 - How do i flash that on? - by using the same tut provided by devilfish?
Why do u FTP?

Could you also answer my questions a few replies above if you knwo the answer?

Bricking is turning the box into a brick, thats all it is now good for after messing up a flash, on the dream I have never read of one which could not be resolved.

DW2.0 can be flashed using DFs Tut.

I used FTP to update the AU roms, which sort of answers your question from above.

New images normally provide new features, but sometimes fixes come out on there own as well as in an image and then you can keep your current image and just put the fix on - in my case this made sense as I control the box through MCE so the extra features don't mean a lot to me.

Bricking is turning the box into a brick, thats all it is now good for after messing up a flash, on the dream I have never read of one which could not be resolved.

DW2.0 can be flashed using DFs Tut.

I used FTP to update the AU roms, which sort of answers your question from above.

New images normally provide new features, but sometimes fixes come out on there own as well as in an image and then you can keep your current image and just put the fix on - in my case this made sense as I control the box through MCE so the extra features don't mean a lot to me.

Okay..so is the DW 2.0 image the best one to use? and when keys role i'd just flash the fixes on? I assume AU ROMs is the auto updating fixes ? and you use FTP so that you do not need to disconnect the box from the tv...you can just update with PC through a network? i have wireless at home....is the DM wireless?

Okay..so is the DW 2.0 image the best one to use? and when keys role i'd just flash the fixes on? I assume AU ROMs is the auto updating fixes ? and you use FTP so that you do not need to disconnect the box from the tv...you can just update with PC through a network? i have wireless at home....is the DM wireless?

Different people will have fav images but the DW images are very popular here as they are developed here, so loads of support. Before you ask I have had no part in the dev that was done by people far clever than me:Clap:

Your correct about the AU roms.

The Dream has a network port (RJ45) but is not wireless although you could use a wireless adapter on it, I prefer a wired network far less hassle.

The DW 2.0 image if networked can go over the net a pick up fixes and install them on a couple of remote presses

okay im going to use the DW image. could you send me a tut? or i can use the same devilfish tut but install the dw image instead , correct?

let me get home from work and get on with it...

will post back to keep you updated on how i get on...

thanks

GUYS im trying to flash the DM, but im getting an error message
"unable to connect to address 192.168.0.200 please check connection parameters"

also at the bottom right hand corner there is a red cross by the two lil monitors indicating the ethernet cable is not in properly - but it is!! how to solve this prob? - im on wireless at home..

OKAY i made a school boy error and the DW image is now flashing. BUT does the DW image have a bruteforce scan feature?

i've messed up the flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i went to bed while it was flashing...but the pc went into standby and it now stuck on 93%????

what to do?????

huh where in the sticky mate??

im in a bit of a panic sorry!!!!

I posted a link to it m8 :)

dont panic m8 it will be fine :)

Use the link that Rat provided, DL Dreamup, DL Origional Firmware (I would guess new tuner version, but you will know better) use a null modem cable to flash.

Then reboot

Then flash DW2.0

Back