my computer is slow????

hnj

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know why but my computer is very slow, it takes time to load up at the start and sometimes when i'm on the internet it sometimes goes slow

what can i do to increase maybe internet speed or make computer more faster in general

i was thinking format it??????

thankz alot

Formatting is one option but, it most likely needs abit of TLC... Install TuneUp Utilities 2007 and run the various programs which will cleans up your computer of the crap that slows it down like temp files etc... Also it will sort your registry out.

It has a great 1 Click Maintance feature too which I run atleast once a week to make sure my computer is running smoothly.

Other things to do is get rid of programs you dont use... Stop any startup processes that you dont need and the obvious one is to upgrade your ram.

i dont know why but my computer is very slow, it takes time to load up at the start and sometimes when i'm on the internet it sometimes goes slow

what can i do to increase maybe internet speed or make computer more faster in general

i was thinking format it??????

thankz alot

You would be better off posting this and your other post in the computer section, this is for general chat on here and also with a bit of reading you will find out where and how to test your speed and to make your computer run better

h*tp://www.tune-up.com/

Get the free trial of that.

There is 1 click maintenence which will speed up your pc (It cleans everything and sorts registry ect)

And in the main program there is a start-up manager so just change what programs you want to load at the start so it should load up quicker.

Also you can do the defrag through it.

Don't know if it wil speed up your internet but will deffo speed up ypur pc.

Its just the trial version, if you like it just drop me a PM and ill get you a key for the full version.

Theres a computer problems page downstairs mate they very helpful, but anyway, depending on whats making it slow, do you have antivirus and firewall installed? also antispyware? Its good investing in a program called ZoneAlarm.

im very sorry for posting in the wrong section

i have got zone alarm and i have a program called ace utilites which i use for system maintenance?

but still......

thankz alot for the help i have recieved

if i where you i would check your processes and limit them do a bit of research and see how many processes you can stop when computer starts up

also run spybot search and destroy and virus check

well virues spring to mind 1st or adaware/spyware , so make sure you have a good anti virus and good spyware remover. once checked and got rid of, you then , there lots of common causes for a pc to slow down and lag but if you start with those 2 1st , then elimiate 1 by 1 , if you need any more help on the mtter just let me know
kind regards biffo

whats the spec of your machine proc, mem operating system etc

it may just need a defrag and a bit more memory.

There are many reasons why computer could be slow, most of which have been covered here. Apart from the obvious solutions, like getting rid of spyware, defragging, editing startup. The best solution is to reformat. I try to reformat machine about 2X a year to keep it in optimum condition. Most utilities just remove orphan entries etc from the registry.

Before you reformat backup all your Mail & Data etc and make sure you can restore. Make sure you have all setting pw's drivers etc available.

After you have reformated the machine, reload the OS and install Drivers. Make sure every thing is working OK.. The machine should be flying, at this stage make an Image (norton ghost etc). The purpose of image is for future format -restore etc. Then load your apps and data, if the machine is still flying make another Image.

In future if you have problems, you can always format and restore, real quick using the images.

Back