My boiler has packed in....

Donnie Darko

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got up for work this morning 5am,pilot light is out on boiler,won't relight, house freezin.
In the work at the mo done some searchin on the web and suspect its the pilot thermocouple.
Gonna buy 1 from b-q later,how easy are these 2 fit?looks straight forward any sparks/plumbers in the house?

combi boiler

make sure your system just dont need repressurizing if its a combi boiler.mine packed up a while ago and the plumber just come around and pressured up the boiler and it started straight back up.a lesson learned!

Got the Ravenheat 85 from B&Q to replace my dead myson cheap and good, had to fart around with the plumbing to make it fit tho as the outlets/inlets are in diff places.

What mak/model of boiler you got mate?
I wouldnt buy one form B&Q. Whereabouts you live?

And I wouldn't recommend fititng yourself, gas is dodgy - u need to be corgi registered and have completed CH courses to even take one off a wall. It can be done, but theres soundness tests etc. which can prove life-saving!!!

if its the thermo coupling m8 its pretty easy to fix no gas work is involved all the thermo does is the flame wams it up the pilot light i mean and it then senses the temp and keeps the pilot light alight you should be able to get one for under 20 quid they do do a universal one from any good plumbing centre m8

DessertDog said:
if its the thermo coupling m8 its pretty easy to fix no gas work is involved all the thermo does is the flame wams it up the pilot light i mean and it then senses the temp and keeps the pilot light alight you should be able to get one for under 20 quid they do do a universal one from any good plumbing centre m8

Yep DD yer right £5 from b-q,all sorted the misses happy,time to surf:D :D

always best to keep a spare m8 they go when you least expect them to glad your sorted nothing worse than no heat this time of the year

UNDETTERRED said:
Yep DD yer right £5 from b-q,all sorted the misses happy,time to surf:D :D

lol ..... Thank feck for B&Q ......

Back