my 1st cupping/acupuncture experience

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just been for my 1st of 12 appointments having acupuncture for a really bad neck and the Chinese doctor done some cupping....thats not me in the picture but thats what me back and neck looks like.

Had the needles electrified and also a massage, feel pretty good for it actually hope it works better than the chemical agents my doctor gave me.

Cupping2JPEG.jpg

lets hope the kids dont fancy a game of twister on your back

:roflmao:

I saw that on one of the Chinese swimmers at the olympics...looks really weird.

If you don't die would you keep posting how you feel after a few sessions....:proud:

cupping, what about tea bagging :)
just get some coke, morphine or demerol

Last edited:
Sorry m8 but I think it's a load of shite (only my opinion mind ;)) I went in for a "free" accupuncture session last year for a bad back and was "persuaded" by a very nice chineese girl to sign up for 8 more sessions at a "low rate one time only" price lmao (it was reasonable though in all honesty)

Every week I went though all they wanted to do was sell me fecking herbal medicine at £50 a go saying the accupuncture wouldn't work without the herbals ! surprise surprise ! lol

I still had the bad back for a few months after untill I found a brilliant osteopath who cost me half as much as the chineese did ;)

P.S tried the cupping once to, strange when they use the lighter

I saw that on one of the Chinese swimmers at the olympics...looks really weird.

If you don't die would you keep posting how you feel after a few sessions....:proud:

you'd think that would fook a swimmers drag coefficient right up bearing in mind that most of them shave off all body hair in an effort to reduce it?

Sorry m8 but I think it's a load of shite (only my opinion mind ;)) I went in for a "free" accupuncture session last year for a bad back and was "persuaded" by a very nice chineese girl to sign up for 8 more sessions at a "low rate one time only" price lmao (it was reasonable though in all honesty)

Every week I went though all they wanted to do was sell me fecking herbal medicine at £50 a go saying the accupuncture wouldn't work without the herbals ! surprise surprise ! lol

I still had the bad back for a few months after untill I found a brilliant osteopath who cost me half as much as the chineese did ;)

P.S tried the cupping once to, strange when they use the lighter
fookin osteopath put me off work for 6 weeks
i hobbled in and crawled out
i am sure i cleared the waiting room with my screams

It's really strange peoples different opinions...maybe its to do with the methods.

Year and a half ago I crawled in to osteopaths and walked out normally...I had never used one before and I was amazed, it was still tender for a while but at least I was walking again.

@V14...I think they said it was something to do with relaxation for the swimmer.

img.284183_t.jpg

lol I have been to some really bad ones to dave, refused to pay one of them, I just happened to find this one near me, fookin great he is and only cost £25 a session, only needed 4 visits over 6 weeks and been fine ever since (touch wood)

so thats what them things on my wifes arse are
img.284183_t.jpg

Are these just not like love bites?

Can they really be beneficial to your health, I think not.

just been for my 1st of 12 appointments having acupuncture for a really bad neck and the Chinese doctor done some cupping....thats not me in the picture but thats what me back and neck looks like.

Had the needles electrified and also a massage, feel pretty good for it actually hope it works better than the chemical agents my doctor gave me.

Cupping2JPEG.jpg

Well done for trying an alternative form of medicine that has been tried and tested over centuries. Some modern medicine hasn't even been tested for a few years for its safety and side effects.

More people should try alternative therapies as they are much safer in the long term.

lolol....some quality answers and i appreciate everyone's opinion, if it starts to work with me then that's all I'm bothered about...... as for the NHS the 1st appointment i could get to see a phsyio was 9th September and that was a few weeks ago when that was booked in.

I'm luckily enough to have a phsyio at work but he charges me a reduced fee of £20.00 quid, when you think about it what I'm getting from the Chinese shop is heat, electric treatment, cupping and massage for about £25.00 so i don't mind, + the doctor if thats what you call her seems like she cares,she can't speak a word of English but then again i can't speak a word of Chinese.....

that's why i think I'm just another statistic to the English guy, quick £20.00and 5 needles.

I know there's no scientific proof that herbal medicine works but according to my doctor there is that acupuncture works, and in that thought then I'm going to carry on the course.

More people should try alternative therapies as they are much safer in the long term.

Now there's a contentious statement. :NoNo:

Some are certainly much safer because they do bugger all. Others are positively dangerous.

Now there's a contentious statement. :NoNo:

Some are certainly much safer because they do bugger all. Others are positively dangerous.

LMAO Pharmaceutical medicines are safer than natural medicine? I was thinking of where to start but if sheeple just want to believe what they are told then they deserve the western medicine.

The principles of modern medicine are based on profitably.

Western medicine has it's place and that is a last resort for me.

I think it's time for your pills nara. :Laugh: We must keep you in check.

Back