Music/Musicians

Joe Noodles

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
It might be me getting old but i doubt that is the reason but today`s Music/Musicians are crap :oops:
the top 40 is full of it, years ago there would be some decent music/musicians even in the top 40
I find myself listening to old music rather than new by 97%
even if i have listened to the same song/album a thousand times over its still way better than anything of today

Just 0.01% of some great music from these bands>>

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Waterboys - Old England
The Waterboys - This Is The Sea
The Waterboys - And a Bang on the Ear (High Quality)

Me too pal, but there is the odd bit of new music I listen too..

It might be me getting old but i doubt that is the reason but today`s Music/Musicians are crap :oops:
the top 40 is full of it, years ago there would be some decent music/musicians even in the top 40
I find myself listening to old music rather than new by 97%
even if i have listened to the same song/album a thousand times over its still way better than anything of today

I know, I suffer some radio station at the gym for four hours a week.

Great choice of music there Joe. I fully agree with you today's music is absolute crapski. I suppose as long as there are cds/mp3's/vinyls our heroes will always live on.

Think my Mum used to say the same thing to me all them years ago , when i had my Led Zep on full blast.

Think my Mum used to say the same thing to me all them years ago , when i had my Led Zep on full blast.
But in the 30s/40s/50s/60s/70s/80s/90s there was always good music around be it Rock`N`Roll/Folk/Punk/Mod/Metal/House/Indie etc even if you don`t like that genres but today its just pants the whole lot of it,
I don`t like Led Zep apart from one song but i know they where a great band never less ;)

There's still good music today, it's just harder to find with so many artists and labels out there.

Any metal fans here?

Apart from Gangsta cRap, are there any rebellious bands for younger lads to listen too? Some of the young lads I've worked with over the last decade seem to be into bands which I'd more associate with teenage girls. (The sort no self respecting chap would admit too, even if they did like them lol)

Apart from Gangsta cRap, are there any rebellious bands for younger lads to listen too? Some of the young lads I've worked with over the last decade seem to be into bands which I'd more associate with teenage girls. (The sort no self respecting chap would admit too, even if they did like them lol)

Speaking of such ear poison I was in the gym on Thursday and someone had one of those iPod docking things plugged into a wall socket playing some gangsta crap. I had the Smiths in one ear and Wu Tang Clan in the other (just checked that up and it was indeed the Wu Tang Clan, how the hell do I know that when it all sounds the same?).

Plus his deadlifting wasn't that good.

There's still good music today, it's just harder to find with so many artists and labels out there.

Any metal fans here?

I'd use that for weightlifting music.

When i was growing up 70/80s, there seemed to be a wide variety of types of music (as well as left/ right wing band's)
Nowadays the horizon's have narrowed to a point where most of it sounds of a similar brand. Is it due to the power of the likes of Cowell and his X Factor nonsense, manipulating the whole scene, or am i just an old twat? Lol

When i was growing up 70/80s, there seemed to be a wide variety of types of music (as well as left/ right wing band's)
Nowadays the horizon's have narrowed to a point where most of it sounds of a similar brand. Is it due to the power of the likes of Cowell and his X Factor nonsense, manipulating the whole scene, or am i just an old twat? Lol

We are all just a bunch of old farts lol.

I think that "Autotune" has a lot to do with the crap produced. Makes so called pop stars out of anyone.
The local commercial radio stations just keep pumping out the same tunes over and over day in day out. Thank goodness for internet radio

Before uni I worked in a shithole that wouldn't change the radio station.

A lot of friends probably didn't believe what I did at the time and someone else that worked there nearly caught me. I had a switch under my desk that powered this device. I've always been into radio electronics but this was stable and tunable from Maplin for £9.

I lent it to someone else in another company and he tuned it over the station the kids looking after the SMT pick and place machines had on. They let the radio sit there going "NNNNNNNNNBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" for hours.

New song by Haiduk

'Death Portent'

Back