Music/Internet Radio Streaming devices?

ManofScience

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have much experience with these sorts of devices?

Basically, i wanted to put something in the kitchen for us to use when we're in there. Got so much music on the PC it hardly gets played so something like uPNP to access it. Same idea, access to internet radio might be good too. Wireless preferably but wired would work too. Saw something like this :

Philips Streamium NP1100 : Philips NP1100/05 Network Music Player with Wireless: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

or

Netgear - MP101 : Netgear MP101 review - IT Reviews

or even

Logitech SQUEEZEBOX : Squeezebox Wireless Network Music Player - All Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo but thats mega bucks, was looking at around £50 or so, even 2nd hand.

anyone got owt similar? ideas ?

What about a Nas drive running squeezebox, something like the Etrayz. I may be way off course here so check it out 1st.

i've got the server side covered and even a stereo in the kitchen, just need a nice little device with a led/lcd screen so we can see what tracks to select. i think the eztray is more video orientated - she'd kill me if i started fitting a tft on the wall in the kitchen!!

I've got the squeeze box my self had it about 5 yrs now and still like it plenty of station also access you pc and rapsody

I've got the squeeze box my self had it about 5 yrs now and still like it plenty of station also access you pc and rapsody

do you have the Squeeze Centre installed on your PC - is the PC turned on all the time to access the music? or do you have a server/NAS thing set up?

Back