Multimedia enclosure

J0HN0_61

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all i'm hoping someone might be able to help me.I'm not sure if i'm posting in the right forum but here goes.
I bought one of those multimedia enclosures about 9 months ago. It's a Zengo drive. You put a hard drive in and put some movies or music etc on it, connect it from the av out on the enclosure to your tv and watch them on your tv using the remote control that you get with it.

Anyway i hadn't used it for a while and decided to watch a movie the other day. When i connected it to the tv there was nothing.It usually displays a menu where you can select what you want to watch but theres nothing at all.
If i connect the usb to my comp i can see all the files on there and i can add and delete as i wish. It has become an external hard drive if you like.
I've tried it on 3 different tv's and tried 2 other hard drives but it's the same every time. I've been doing a lot of work on the house lately and things get moved around so it's possible it could have been knocked.Wether it has or not i don't know.
My knowledge of electronics is Zero.Anyone any idea what it might be. I can't even find a contact address for Sumvision to ask them. I know it's a stab in the dark, but, i await your input if any :)

It's the recordable enclosure. There are Two leads. One for playback which plugs into the av out on the drive and on the other for recording goes into av in.At the end of them are Three connectors Red White and Yellow which plug into the tv or can put into a scart on tv.

Thats the one m8. Trouble is i can't find the receipt and the shop is acting the cnut over it. I can't be arsed with the hassle. Thought it would be easier to contact Sumvision. But finding a contact number or addy is proving very difficult.

You don't need the receipt under UK consumer laws, a credit card bill or the confirmation email is more than enough. If they still drag their feet threaten them with their local trading standards. Once your sorted, report them anyway!

Thanks for that m8. I don't know how you found it but well done :) I've sent an email to them, so i'll wait and see if they get back to me. Cheers for your help m8.

Back