Multifeed

Demaria

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello everyone here,

Is it possible to mount three LNBs to receive Astra 28.2E, Astra 23.5E & Eutelsat 21.5E or will they be too close?
Also, are they all good on a 90cm dish?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mark

Hello everyone here,

Is it possible to mount three LNBs to receive Astra 28.2E, Astra 23.5E & Eutelsat 21.5E or will they be too close?
Also, are they all good on a 90cm dish?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mark

What location

I've done 28.2e/26e adding Badr 4 to existing UK IRS's without adding an extra dish .. there are narrow bullet lnbs for this too although im not sure if they'll do 2.4 .. or it's surgery to get them that close

Thank you all for your replies, I have a better picture now.

Think youll struggle with 23.5 and 21.5.

Much better off with a motor.
Thank you, now a stupid question, if I buy a motor, will it move EW only or would it move up & down as well?

What location

I've done 28.2e/26e adding Badr 4 to existing UK IRS's without adding an extra dish .. there are narrow bullet lnbs for this too although im not sure if they'll do 2.4 .. or it's surgery to get them that close
Thank you for your kind reply. May I ask, what is your dish size please?

Thank you for your kind reply. May I ask, what is your dish size please?

The 28-26e on 90cm with 26e on the focus . A good 90 should do for your project

But a motor will get you up to about 60 sats & C. 10-20,000 channels & feeds

Hiya,

Thank you for your kind reply. I am planning now to get a motor as this seems to be the right choice.

Just a question here, the box has two tuners, so, if the dish will pick up more than two, does it mean I will have to re-tune it nonstop?

Regards,

M

Hiya,

Thank you for your kind reply. I am planning now to get a motor as this seems to be the right choice.

Just a question here, the box has two tuners, so, if the dish will pick up more than two, does it mean I will have to re-tune it nonstop?

Regards,

M

You could get a twin lnb so you could watch and record from the same sat position at the same time from your motorized dish.. Or you could run the second tuner to another dish.

Hiya,

Regards,

M
Motorised systems are very much automatic in use .. if you do use a twin lnb to the 2 tuners the receiver will automatically select a tuner to get the most recordings from both tuners & prevent clashes.

It's very popular to put a 2nd tuner on a sky dish on 28e though, so you can record off the motorised &/or off 28e.

Thank you again for your help. I think I didn't use the right phrase. What I mean is, if the tuners are configured for Astra 28E & Eutel 23.5E for example, then I want to pick up Eutel 21.5E, how will this work? Does it mean I have to get an extra box to use a third tuner or do I have to change the configuration every time I want to get a different satellite?

Regards, M

You ususlly use a diseqc switch (or 2 for a twin tuner) which automatically switches between the satellites &/or satellite on a motor. That usually does OK for most people but if you wanted to record from 3 satellites at once you usually require 3 tuners (there are ways round that but it wouldn't suite this).

Back