Multi-room query

SlackyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I do not have a sly subscription but I have a question:
How does multi-room work? By that I mean, if we were to get multi-room, could me and the wife take the box/card etc from our bedroom with us when we go on holiday and still leave the box and card in the living room for my eldest son who stays at home??

yes you could m8, but sky do send signals every now and then to check the 2 boxes are in the same property by making them phone home through the same phone line

i can arrange a sky+ and multiroom install for you anywhere in the country m8, if you want more info drop me a PM ;)

Thanks for the info. I will have to give some thought to this and speak with the better half I think!

So if one of the boxes was to "accidentally" get disconected from the telephone line..... what would happen?

first sky would send you a letter reminding you that the terms of multiroom require that both boxes must be connected to the same operational line at all times, then theyll send you another one, then another that says unless theyre connected the m/room card will either be disconnected or charged at full rate

i know people who have them in different houses, then once every 6 weeks or so they connect to the line theyre meant to be, and manually send the signal ;)

Thats interesting...... although I would never dream of even thinking about contemplating breaching a contract with such a respectable and honest company such as Sky!!!! ;)

Back