Mugabe and Zimbabwe

eh because they stripped them of nearly all the wealth they had .

Ah it's that simple? I guess you are right, they didn't strip any of the other countries of their wealth before they left.

Ah it's that simple? I guess you are right, they didn't strip any of the other countries of their wealth before they left.

I think they helped..

Look at india.. thrivving country with great prospects...

Its the people who taken the power after it was handed over that do the damage..

AKA robert hitler mugabe.. i mean c'mon look at his tash..

The guy is pafetic.. oh british this british that... as if britain wants to rule over again..

them days are gone.. hes living in the past..

I think they helped..

Look at india.. thrivving country with great prospects...

Its the people who taken the power after it was handed over that do the damage..

AKA robert hitler mugabe.. i mean c'mon look at his tash..

The guy is pafetic.. oh british this british that... as if britain wants to rule over again..

them days are gone.. hes living in the past..

India was doing rather well before the British turned up, but thats a debate for another thread..

I do agree with you that its the people of the country that are the problem, but this is exactly the point I was trying to make. Why is it that Africans can not live in peace? Somalia, Sudan, Rwanda, Zimbabwe....the list goes on and on. Can the British intervene every time? I think the answer is no, thats why we let them do whatever they want and if that means killing each other then so be it. As long as our country is pretending to care then we are doing our part.

I also went to Zimbabwe 10 years ago and did the whole Victoria Falls bunjee and white water rafting down the Zambezi river.

I also stayed on a tobacco farm for a couple of weeks (owned and bought by a white farmer) and have to say the way he looked after his workers was great and there were even schools built for the kids etc.

He was chased out of Zimbabwe a year or after I'd been.

Such a waste of what was (is) a great country

Can't help but think that if there was anything of real value there then it would have been sorted out by now, especially disapointing as it used to part of the British Emipire and no we just stand back and let it self destruct

Crazy

I took the cesna flight to the falls, cost like £300 but so worth it also safari'd for thr big 5 saw about 3, booze cruise was mint cause we saw hippo's. Went on that bridge too that links Zim to Zambia way cool.

again I say pop one in his smug head he is a dick

It takes a very long time for nations to settle down to stable societies and governments.

Britain had a thousand years of infighting and power struggles as did the whole of Europe to reach where we are now.

You can have a stable nation if there is no democracy and one person rules but the population are downtrodden. But when democracy comes and the people are freed then you get a power struggle between the various factions, look what happened to Yugoslavia when communism was defeated.

Africa has only had democracy for 40 or 50 years so the evolution of their societies are undergoing the same process that Western Europe did in the last 300 years.

Interference in Africa by the West is only prolonging this process and causing more harm than good.
Nations have to find their own way.

You cannot blame all the problems on the British. So are you saying the whites never done anything any good?

The problems lie with educating them! Yes they might want something better,but do you really believe another leader will change THEM.

Look what happened to the white farmers,this sh.tpot goverment of ours didn,t want to know did they,now it,s black it,s a different story.

We have enough problems of our own and this country should keep their nose out of it. Let them sort it out themselves.And let,s face it most of Joe public will not give a damn whatever happens,we don,t want anymore Iraq,s or Afghanistans. We don,t want our children dying for nothing on descisions made by sh.thouse goverments with the stroke of a pen can wham bam it,s another war.

They were educated enough to know what THEY were doing so let them be educated enough to learn.WE are not the ones doing the beatings.When i say we ,i mean most of Joe public,personally i wouldn,t lift a finger,none of them are worth dying for.

If you really care for them then do what you want but it should be on your heads and NOT WE!
It,s all to easy WE did this,WE did that........WE DIDN,T DO ANYTHING-THIS IS OF THEIR OWN MAKING.

Nothing raciism intended for the the above,it,s that some of us don,t care-----don,t want to know.

Let them find their own way!

One thing for sure its a sad sad situation out there and its always the poor & innocent who really dont do anything wrong that suffer...

shame really...

megamanu

Who's your post addressed to?

In general mate! Nobody personal! A reflection that some of us on the street don,t give a damn what happens to them as opposed to some who care and think that the British are at faullt for everything bad on this planet.

Some of us would gladly nuke that part of the world if it wasn,t for the animals.Less mouths for the rest of us to aid and feed. Some of us won,t kiss their arses and run with help,we are busy getting on with each other and trying to survive ourselves. There are more important things going on than a media filled of "it,s not fair".

This shi.thouse goverment of ours is one of the last to condemn anybody. Overburdened with tax,opressed,spied on,no votes on our future,jail for not paying tax. Sleaze,corruption,cover ups,i.d cards .the list goes on.The poor get poorer,the rich get richer,they are only missing jackboots then we can name the country Natzi Germany.Gordan Black and his crew have a lot to answer for.We,.ll be told next the sticks that they are hitting each other with have "Made in Britain" stamped on them.The British are not responsible for their situation,it,s of their own making so we shouldn,t get involved.Tin-pot rulers with tin-pot ideas.WE have not seen any of his neighbours trying to do something,was it alright to kill the white farmers then?

Nevertheless the point is,some of us don,t care as opposed to some that do.

It's a disgrace that one man can cause such heartache. Like some-one said tell the US or UK theres oil there and it will be captured in a matter of days

How long ago was it they called Zimbabwe "The Bread Basket", meaning things were going pretty well for them...?

I only ask because I've heard this a few times, and wondered if it was during Mugabes time...?

Back