MSN Problems

XDbox2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Getting this Error code 80072efd when trying to logon to messenger live, even tried to login through Trillian . Anyone else having issues with MSN ?

In Scotland on a cable connection.

Got this from a quick google search mate:

Windows Live Messenger error code 80072efd

Problem description:

When you are trying to sign in Windows Live Messenger you are getting an Error Code 80072efd ;"Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to the .NET Messenger Service at this time. Please try again later. 80072efd"

Solution:

Check the .NET Messenger Service Status.

Service-Status.png

Remove any Internet Explorer proxy server settings
  1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools and then click Internet Options. In the Internet Options dialog box, go to the Connections tab. Click LAN Settings… Untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox.
  2. Click OK and OK again Internet Options
Click on the Start menu, select Run and type the following:
regsvr32 Dssenh.dll Gpkcsp.dll Slbcsp.dll Sccbase.dll
Run2.png

Date and time are fine mate :)

Checked theres no proxies enabled in IE and ran that regsvr32 Dssenh.dll Gpkcsp.dll Slbcsp.dll Sccbase.dll

Still not connecting, weird just happened today all of a sudden, on both my lappy and desktop, rebooted modem & router still nothing.

I can login fine over 3g on my nokia, I also see that 2 people who live really close to me are online so its not a cable network issue.

hmmmmmmm I'm stuck lol

Everything ok over here Paul.

*update*

Actually, everything is not ok, I can connect on the old Windows Messenger but Live Messenger gives me the same error you get.

Last edited:
I've been getting the same lately too! On my desktop on an older version it connects within seconds but on my laptop with an up to date version, it takes ages and several errors to connect.

Everything ok over here Paul.

*update*

Actually, everything is not ok, I can connect on the old Windows Messenger but Live Messenger gives me the same error you get.

I think the may be footering again. 2XP machines and 1 Vista machine affected in this house, I initailly thought it was my home network.

with vigin?? i have had same problem today

fine for me bud i'm on msn just now :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

fine for me too.
been reading up on it, have you tried restarting your computer?

Back